• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

original prototype sketch

dujardin

endlessly they are home

i think they were made by a guy named Sauls, this name appear on top of the text

and he was used
this bring me lot's of questions, was this one finally choosed for a unit, if yes, wich one ?????

the same with some little differences

a skull is added

other draft

with this result

modified like that

also used, with again same question

on this last, some colors are located

now ... one big frame or better small independant one ????

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

if you wish to reproduce one of those, don't hesitate
i'm happy to share it with you
if you wish (or need) a higher resolution, send me a pm

ohhh ... if you reproduce one of those, send me one for my collection

byeeeeeeeeeeee
m

dujardin

endlessly at home, i made a complete post
hope patch lover will love those original sketches

Maybe jacketpatches could make one in composite form maybe two piece most of the detail painted rather than each individual detail sewn. Would look great ! maybe the side view so it looks more like a camera rather than a flower pot.

Rutger

Hmmm, ah, would be ideal for incised & painted & slightly aged.
Unit remains a mistery I suppose.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Marcel , much thanks for posting the sketches , at least a lot of people can see them and hopefully someone may be able to lead us in the right direction for a positive ID , the only problem I see with re creating a new patch is that some of the colors will have to be "guessed" at as not all of them are indicated (rats), the lightning bolt for one, etc etc

I really hope someone can figure out which unit it was , it is USAAF I'm sure by the note about P-51 and P-38 being on the one sketch , I am also wondering if they could have been "proposed" art that never actually got any further than the sketches , and another totally different design was "approved" or at least used ................................

If we had some solid background as to what unit it was intended for that would sure help ....................................

It would have made for a really cool emblem that's for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMBLEMHUNTER

Yes , the P-38 Recce birds had no guns, the nose area was taken up by cameras ............................ I think the note on the one patch sketch mentions this in the description as to type and emblem details ..............

shedonwanna

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Yes , the P-38 Recce birds had no guns, the nose area was taken up by cameras ............................ I think the note on the one patch sketch mentions this in the description as to type and emblem details ..............

yes, sketch mentions armed camera represents the P-51

dujardin

Johnny send me this one

something approching, in the idea...

forget the heart, forget the guns and reverse it

could be ... could be....