• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Poughkeepsie A-2

AllianceAAF

Stunning jacket and pics Lorenzo
Smithy Great info on the PoughK, I appreciate this.
9 months ago I wouldn't have considered a GW due to the price tag. But after seeing all the photos and satisfied-buyer reviews, I think I've caught the fever. Still on a budget and definitely considering a pre-owned GW if the right opportunity arises.
Matt

B-Man2

9 months ago I wouldn't have considered a GW due to the price tag. But after seeing all the photos and satisfied-buyer reviews, I think I've caught the fever. Still on a budget and definitely considering a pre-owned GW if the right opportunity arises.
Matt
Previously owned Good Wears pop up here occasionally . You should list your size AND measurements here. If anyone has one for sale they would let you know and then you can decide if you’re ready for one or you’d like to pass on it .

Nickb123

Matt
Kindly PM me if you’re around a 44.

B-Man2

When I think about it Im within a few hours of whre most of these contracts were made during the war, Poughkeepsie, Beacon, NYC, Newburgh, Newark, NJ, Middletown, Pa. and the list goes on.
Rob
I’d bet money that since you live near “ground zero” for the manufacture of all those brands of jackets, that in some garage or some attic or a trunk in some house around those areas a person could probably find a few original A2’s . It would be a real find but I’d bet it’s a possibility.

Tattoo A2

Rob
I’d bet money that since you live near “ground zero” for the manufacture of all those brands of jackets, that in some garage or some attic or a trunk in some house around those areas a person could probably find a few original A2’s . It would be a real find but I’d bet it’s a possibility.
Im sure there is somewhere Burt, but with all the antique and junk reality shows, its not as easy to find treasures like we use to years ago.Iam always asking my customers if they had any relatives in WW2 and if they have any uniforms or any other militaria, they would trade tattoo work for. I have gotten a few nice items over the years.

johnwayne

I like all A2’s irrespective of maker, certainly in terms of originals! I was over moon when I got my first original Aero which sadly was too small but at least I owned an original when I didn’t really know enough to tell one maker from the next!! Moving on I was offered a Dubow in my size from erstwhile member, the very knowledgeable Roughwear but although very wearable I didn’t see it as an everyday jacket given its age and history. Then, when after an A1 on GW’s sale page our friend JC said it wouldn’t fit but had a Doniger that would and irrespective of maker style grabbed it. Always said I like the more pointy collars on Doni’s and Spiewak’s but I equally like Perry’s stubby rounded collar so that would be a next option for me or maybe a rust knit seal Aero, that is if I wanted another A2.
If I’m guilty of my Dubow/Doni input it’s only ‘cos I’m more familiar with them but if the fit is right I’d happily settle for any JC made A2 or good quality original!!!
Re Roughwear who lives near me, he owns/ed an original A2 of every maker in his size plus numerous other flight jackets, his home a veritable treasure trove!!!!