• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL L.W. FOSTER SPORTSWEAR CO., INC TYPE G-1 INTERMEDIATE FLIGHT JACKET MIL-J-7823(AER) DA-36-243-QM(CTM)2312

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Nothing beats the excitement of finding NOS examples and this G-1 is certainly among my favorites due to its fitted cut. This specific contract; DA-36-243-QM(CTM)2312 would become the last awarded to L.W. Foster Sportswear Co., Inc. in the fiscal year 1958.

The goatskin leather is in superb condition, and all parts are original to the jacket. The inside lining is pristine, displaying the original purple rayon. The mouton collar is immaculate, showing the original dark chocolate shade. The knits are flawless, which is very rare, even for NOS examples. The original blackened Conmar zipper is mint and works perfectly.

As mentioned before, this contract has a fitted cut, which is virtually indistinguishable from its earlier brother, the DA-36-243-QM(CTM)2134, the same worn by JFK.

Say no more, enjoy it!

Regards,
Jorge

DSC03017.jpeg
DSC03060.jpeg
DSC03075.jpeg
DSC03061.jpeg
DSC03063.jpeg
DSC03060.jpeg

kev15

Splendid one! :eek: Does the mouton fade more reddish-brown eventually when exposed to the sun for prolonged time?

Flightengineer

Great jacket. Jorge, you are a magician, it's nice to see NOS. Once upon a time I sold exactly the same one, too 42 to one guy cause the shoulders were very wide for me and later I found the same contract but in size 40 (sold later too ha ha ha).