• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Devon Fleece Irvin.

ausreenactor

One of the main requirements for the retention of any of my military memorabilia, collected over the last 35 years, is a yes to "Does it bring you joy?"

Joy that I have it, joy that it's journey bought it here and joy that one day my children will reap the benefits of my passion. Or perhaps even become passionate about the militaria themselves?

We are the custodians of more than just the garments worn, we keep the memory of previous generations and their achievements alive. "We walk in the shadows of Giants."

MaydayWei

One of the main requirements for the retention of any of my military memorabilia, collected over the last 35 years, is a yes to "Does it bring you joy?"

Joy that I have it, joy that it's journey bought it here and joy that one day my children will reap the benefits of my passion. Or perhaps even become passionate about the militaria themselves?

We are the custodians of more than just the garments worn, we keep the memory of previous generations and their achievements alive. "We walk in the shadows of Giants."

Very well put, I could not have said it better.
Indeed, it is the joy that collecting brings to us that is most important, no matter exactly how it does so; be it wearing it, looking at it, having it, or merely respecting what its been through and what it represents (which may differ for each and everyone one of us).

Spitfireace

I have no children.

Spitfireace

I completely understand and agree with you. I have trouble with wearing original A2’s . They represent a period and a group of people who
are gone and the jacket is pretty much all that’s left. I could wear it and beat it up or.... I could save it as a piece of history from that period of time , take care of it and then pass it on to another guy....who will probably wear it ... tear the shit out of it.... and not give a damn ...;) Nah!! ...... just kidding .. but I would like to think that the next guy down the line that gets it will take care of it and pass it on in similar fashion.
I would just say treat it with respect. Wear it with pride in that the people who once wore it are likely to be not here anymore. Treat it with the reverence it deserves.

ausreenactor

You could ask them I suppose?

ausreenactor

DotZip.jpg

ausreenactor

Not sure if the zips were provided by the customer or was an option at that stage. Think they were salvaged from an original jacket. Purchased the jacket in Australia quite cheaply and moved it on when it got a bit snug. And it didn't have a pocket like the B-3?