• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orchard G-1 Measurements

R7000

I have access to three sizes so here we go.

chest sleeve (leather only) shoulders back (incl knits)

36 18 22 18 24
40 21 23 19 24 1/2
44 23 24 19 1/2 25

The stitches avg about 6 per inch compared with Cooper at 7 1/2 per inch and 7823C Foster at 9 per inch.

Tom

zoomer

40 21 23 19 24 1/2
I bid on a 50 and was sent:
40 21 1/4 21 3/4 18 3/8 24 7/8
That's 1 1/4" shorter sleeves, which seems a lot, and 5/8" narrower thru the shoulders.

m444uk

zoomer said:
40 21 23 19 24 1/2
That's 1 1/4" shorter sleeves, which seems a lot, and 5/8" narrower thru the shoulders.

Come on guys ....use a clear layout !

chest ..
sleeve..
shoulders..
etc.

and it's best to also include the way arm length is normally measured: from the mid point of the collar seam to end of sleeve as total arm length is linked to shoulder size.
The sleeve inner seam length is also useful on a jacket without gussets.

Jaydee

m444uk said:
zoomer said:
40 21 23 19 24 1/2

Come on guys ....use a clear layout !

chest ..
sleeve..
shoulders..
etc.

and it's best to also include the way arm length is normally measured: from the mid point of the collar seam to end of sleeve as total arm length is linked to shoulder size.
The sleeve inner seam length is also useful on a jacket without gussets.

Aye! And also the inner sleeve for the G-1 is important as the specs dictate this measurement for compliance for the Arm length.

R7000

Zoomer, sounds like you have some energy around reviewing these so I would like to hear your input.

Tom

zoomer

R7000 said:
Zoomer, sounds like you have some energy around reviewing these so I would like to hear your input.

Tom
Well, I'm po'd they had to send a 40 when I bought a 50.

They're a helluva buy, I think, but if tcwu's and my experiences are enough to go by, Orchard seems to believe eBayers are sending them money out of pure generosity, not to buy usable product.

I don't have any more to say about the size 40 G-1 I got, because I can't even squeeze both arms into the thing.

m444uk

tcwu said:
These guys are pretty lousy!
Last week they said if the jacket did not show up will send me another one today.
Toady I called before 11 am and he said he is going to check and call me back.
I wait till 2:30 PM no phone call.
I have to call them one more time.
The guy just ask me to wait till tomorrow.
Any how I filed the paypal claim and see what happens!

This is suck! I don't know how they run their business!
NY to Boston? mailed on 11th and no information on USPS!
They even can not tell me whether they acutally drop the box at post office.
(they said post office come and pick them up)
Maybe I should just get me money back.
I really do not need another jacket!

If you read through their Ebay feedback it's pretty much perfect.
The USPS though are not. I had a pair of boxing gloves made for me
by Shevlin in NY and USPS sent the Global Priority package to the wrong country !
One month later it went back to NY from Canada and then on to me in England !

rgraham

That is exactly what my notice says. Date as well. I do live in California, but I'm starting to think somethings wrong here too. I'm not willing to write a complaint to paypal just yet, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing.

tcwu said:
They ask me to give USPS couple days.
It does not make any sense from NY to MA! (New York to Boston)
Something wrong here! I have mailed over 1000 items through post office.
Nothing like this! I knew mistake could happen.

The tracking read:
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 11, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

m444uk

There's a guy on ebay.fr that must of bought 40 or so Orchard jackets in the last couple of months and continues to do so.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... llFeedback

A bit of a strange way to do business because people just look back through his feedback to see what he originally paid !

I would imagine the Orchard production line is busy hence delays. The fact that the dispatch manger books pick ups means very little.

Jaydee

rgraham said:
That is exactly what my notice says. Date as well. I do live in California, but I'm starting to think somethings wrong here too. I'm not willing to write a complaint to paypal just yet, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing.

tcwu said:
They ask me to give USPS couple days.
It does not make any sense from NY to MA! (New York to Boston)
Something wrong here! I have mailed over 1000 items through post office.
Nothing like this! I knew mistake could happen.
quote]

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have ordered 2 jackets and recieved 2 jackets.

Peter told me that I would get a notice like the one above, which I did. He said that if they had to make my jacket it would actually be a few days before it was shipped, even though I got the notice.

They are probably just be really busy. I'm sure the jackets will show up.

Well . . . I ordered (bid on,won, whatever) mine on 1/7 and have had no further communications from them. I'm waiting, although not quite so patiently anymore. Tom

Maybe this deal is an "economic recovery special". Perhaps they have materials on hand and idle employees that need to be kept busy rather than laid off so they're just making them "as needed" at this price to stay busy. They could, however, communicate a bit better.
Tom

R7000

They put one in the mail for me Wed night after hours and I got it today (Sat) or three business days.

We had a misunderstanding on a swap but I worked it out with Pete and once he understood the situation he quickly took care of my order.

Call Pete on the phone and talk through your problem. Also get a tracking number.

This is a small shop and Pete fills all roles.

Tom

Well . . . . the Orchard G1 finally showed up today. Unfortunately they shipped a 42R instead of the 44R that I requested. It also came with a small hole in the leather about the size of a pencil eraser just above the left cuff and a few spots around the collar where the stitches had been pulled out and re-sewn. The hides look to be of pretty good quality and overall construction appears solid. As someone else mentioned, the lining is kind of thin. So, another one goes back to Orchard - I guess. I'm almost tempted to keep it and cut my losses rather than pay return shipping and see what shows up next.
Tom

R7000

To Tom in Atlanta

It seems that you have a legit beef to ask Orchard to pay shipping both ways for the problem of the hole in your leather and the wrong size.

It's not like you made a preference change.

Tom

Not much of a deal at the new $199 price. US Wings has some for $215 that are probably better quality and at least they are pretty consistent with their workmanship and customer service.
Tom

m444uk

Tom in Atlanta said:
Not much of a deal at the new $199 price. US Wings has some for $215 that are probably better quality and at least they are pretty consistent with their workmanship and customer service.
Tom

Is it an actual hole or an indentation ? Sounds strange the person who made it didn't notice !

It is an actual hole. Not exactly a rip and not neatly punched either. The exposed inside edges of the puncture are dyed just like the surface of the jacket. Maybe the hide was hung from a hook or tacked down during the tanning process? Heck, maybe the goat was dispatched with a .22 cal. for all I know :) The size would be about right.
Tom

m444uk

Tom in Atlanta said:
Heck, maybe the goat was dispatched with a .22 cal. for all I know :) The size would be about right.
Tom

Most goat comes from India and they cut their throats !

It's strange but on the Orchard ebay store there is a $2000 Alistair Mcqueen leather jacket.
A famous British fashion designer whose stuff sells for megabucks. The fact that it's there
can only mean Orchard made it !

They also list horsehide motorcycle jackets made by them in the 1970's. An interesting company
that appeared to have filed for chapter 11 back in 2008.