• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK..So It Isn't A Grey-Lined A-Series...

Atticus

...but it is an original Vietnam-era MA-1 in size XL. And, at least to me, the early E-series jackets were as good as any made. So why no interest? I just picked up this '72 Alpha for $15.50 and shipping.

ma1.jpg

AF

USMC_GAU-21

For the same reason I got a "Sportmasters" for $40 bucks.

Everyone is going for the non-orange lined jackets.........

But, nice pick up Atticus!!

r/DRH

watchmanjimg

Look on the bright side, gents--more for us! :D

Seriously, I'm more than happy to add 8279E MA-1s to my collection regardless of date. With regard to construction they're the peer of any MA-1 ever made, unless you're an absolute stickler for the Crown zipper used in a select few contracts. I have 2 right now and wouldn't hesitate to buy others.

Weasel_Loader

I too believe they are great buys. For me, I just loose interest when the jackets have aluminum zips and/or non wool linings. ;)

Atticus

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the aluminum zippers on the E jackets...but they're packed with wool batting. In fact, the reason that I like them so much is because they're so warm. Including this new one, I think I now have nine original MA-1s in my collection...from B-series to F. And two other repros, an A and a D.

But when I was choosin' who would go to Wisconsin with me earlier this month...it was the humble '72 Alpha E-series that made the final cut.

AF

watchmanjimg

Interestingly, I've never had a problem with the aluminum zippers while brass Conmars can be finicky at times.

hairpin151

If I had been able to be at my comp. at the end It would've cost one of us a bit more.I was the first bidder.Been looking for one like that.Nice score!