• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd coloured L-2B

usafwso

IT could be poor quality photography color shift. My own experience shooting lots of photos of various nylon items with pro photo and lighting, odd color artifacts do and will happen.

watchmanjimg

Looks like typical UV fading. I had a very similar example from the same contract. George is the current owner.

MikeyB-17

I think that's the pics, not the jacket-they all seem to have something of a sepia tone. Even if it was that colour, I'd have no problem with it. Looks like a nice jacket. Good luck with it, Pete!

watchmanjimg

The photos may be the problem, but I lean toward UV fading because the color of the knits and oxy tab looks perfect. In any case it's a great jacket!

Peter Graham

I don't intend bidding on it guys. I just posted it for observation. Great jacket though it is, I know from experience of buying jacket with name tapes, and rank in particular, that I just don't feel comfortable wearing them so they go largely unworn.

Atticus

Peter Graham said:
I don't intend bidding on it guys. I just posted it for observation. Great jacket though it is, I know from experience of buying jacket with name tapes, and rank in particular, that I just don't feel comfortable wearing them so they go largely unworn.
Yep. I agree. Not long ago I found the perfect M-51. It was from a 1952 contract in good condition and with great patina. Sadly, it still retained all its original patches including a horse blanket, the owner's (Lt. Stringer) name strip and his 2Lt. bars. I bought it thinking I'd remove the patches and make it my everyday wearer...after all...it would be my jacket, I could do with it as I please, right?

Well, no, I could not.

I kept putting off the patch removal project until I finally just admitted to myself that I couldn't do it. And I couldn't wear it with the patches, especially the rank, still on. So now it hangs in the jacket room. Thankfully, Jim (watchmanjimg) hooked me up with another M-51, exactly like Stringer's, but without patches...so I'm smilin' again.

AF

greyhound52

Peter Graham said:

Agree with you. I have a near mint L-2b B model made by Rolen, great patch full bird rank and a name plate. Hardly gets worn by me.

watchmanjimg

greyhound52 said:
Agree with you. I have a near mint L-2b B model made by Rolen, great patch full bird rank and a name plate. Hardly gets worn by me.

George, you're too modest. You're a Colonel for Pete's sake!