• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice parka

Weasel_Loader

Lately, these excellent conditioned N-3Bs have been pulling in a lot of dough. This seller has already sold quite a few. Yesterday, he sold a MINT '73 CWU-45 for $304.00. Strange that his flight jacket collection is mainly CWUs and N-3Bs.

USMC_GAU-21

Yes this seller has seemed to have hit a "mother load" somewhere. I have purchased (2) from him so far.

VERY nice Nylon when I receive them.

r/Gy

Tim P

nice.. I hear my N3 has cleared customs so I should have it within 48 hrs. :) These seem nice though. If I were still looking to source one I would be stalking this guy by now.

There is an XL modified one with ERDL liner on the circuit at the moment. I stumbled on it searching ERDL XL. I think it is in Thailand.

A

Anonymous

Weasel_Loader said:
Lately, these excellent conditioned N-3Bs have been pulling in a lot of dough. This seller has already sold quite a few. Yesterday, he sold a MINT '73 CWU-45 for $304.00. Strange that his flight jacket collection is mainly CWUs and N-3Bs.

No stranger IMVHO than collecting just A-2s or repro A-2s by a single maker (such as ELC or GW).
Some of us just don't like leather flight jackets ! :)
Dave

USMC_GAU-21

That jacket was a "mint" early "Bi-Wing" jacket with the gussets in the back. It also included the velcro'd pouch for the "orange signal flag" on the inside of the jacket. Also very rare as these were often lost by the G.I's using the jackets.

They fit much better then the CWU-45's of today....but I won't get into the whole "fit" thing again...... :roll:

anyways it was mint, mint, mint and I am surprised it did not go over $600! He has great stuff.

r/DRH

watchmanjimg

Hell, I recently traded a comparable example in Large to Greyhound52 for a minty bi-swing CWU-36. It even had the signal flag in the pocket.

Guess George got a lucky break on that one, huh? :D

watchmanjimg

I suppose it's all good, as they say. Neither one of us paid much for our respective jackets and I believe in taking care of my friends. Hopefully soon we'll hear from a very happy Peter Graham when he receives the Rolen B-15D Modified I sold him for $25. It was too small for me and that's what I paid for it . . .

Tim P

that is so fair.
That is the ethic that I like so much on here. Grab it in case someone hasnt noticed it then pass it on, at best covering costs. That way good opportunities to get bargain basement prices dont get missed and no-one gets a flea in their ear about profiteering.
I often move jackets on here for less than I paid, factoring in my wear and enjoyment and being philosophical about that.

USMC_GAU-21

Tim I could not agree more with you. The jackets I have on the forum right now, are under what I paid and I am trying to pass on good deals to our brothers here.

r/Dan