• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Meeting Today. ELC and GW Present

dmar836

Met VLJ member Denny and some other local fly boys for breakfast today after a crazy 12 hr shift. I know a few here have voiced bad feelings for the CAF but our wing is packed with good eggs - what I thought I was getting into when I delved into aviation. Minimal drama, ribbing but no bad mouthing others, etc. Not quite what I've experienced elsewhere but EXACTLY what I was looking for.

After breakfast a few of us headed over to the CAF hangar to do some 3 hrs of additional hangar flying. Milled about the nice collection that Ron has helped to collect - some really great groupings there. I bet our chapter has one of the best museums!
Ron really respects our opinions on the displays/artifacts and Denny proved he can dust me on A-2 details any day.

Denny brought the GW Perry he is "trying out" and I brought the ELC Star.

Here we are in front of Denny's L2B (1942) that spent it's service life at Ft. Sill. Some day I hope to talk myself into flying this bird!
2011-12-14_2011-12-14_001_017.jpg

2011-12-14_2011-12-14_001_009.jpg

Denny insisted that the sleeves are a bit long and will be adjusted to the proportions of the body. This might very well be Tater's killer Perry and it is so nice - I should have grabbed it! Got to wear it for a while and .... wow! Next to my beer can, high-pocketed ELC..... okay maybe that's a bit strong...
Fun to entertain our photographer, Ron, with our "realistic" jacket details as he used Denny's Leica(nice camera!).

Here's my shot that looks almost quite Mark-like. Not sure how that one happened.
2011-12-14_2011-12-14_001_022.jpg

You can finally see the horrible quick age job the PO did on the Star. After seeing it in person, even Denny agreed a re-dye might be a fun experiment.
BTW, check out the "Bond" G-10 strap on my 30yo Seiko H556-5029! Love that watch!

Remember, good friends are to be cherished!
Cheers,
Dave

Falcon_52

Cool photos, Dave. Your ELC Star doesn't look bad, although I agree that the "aging" looks a little bit too contrived. The Perry collar on your friend looks right on...nice round collar points. Very nice!

Noel