• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice condition WW2 A-2 jacket Perry

Cobblers161

That is just beautiful. If I could both afford and trust myself to care for an original I would most certainly be aiming for that.

Roughwear

Yes, he is a forum member and I believe he sold a similar Perry goat last year. This one will sell for a high price.

A

Anonymous

Andrew you and I are not at the 33 degree level.So nothing can be divulged as we are not illuminated !.
Also I am a Catholic and would never see the doors open for me at this level .

Rgds Jeff :lol:

ausreenactor

I am not part of the Handshaker Knitting Circle! I just opened the 'me' page for the seller and recalled the picture being used as an avatar..

I still do not know who the seller is or was!!

Awesome jacket though...almost as good as my much loved and lost RM Perry Repro!!

JOKING!!! JOKING!!!

Typed that and then thought that sarcasm does not relay too well in the typed form..

Regards...

Couchy

Andrew

Ah yes now I recall, thanks Couchy, now I don't have to buy it to satisfy my curiosity. Still don't remember who he is though...

jacketimp

Cobblers161 said:
Needles at the ready! It's the knitting circle again.

knitting needles ain't my scene...

when i think of needles i think of hexes..juju.......the evil eye........vodooo dollies

CBI

My point exactly (in re another topic), a RARE 60 year old jacket that does not look like it - great condition - totally out of most folks price range when its all over. Cool jacket no doubt, would have gone for a few hundred 20 years ago.

A

Anonymous

My first thoughts on this jacket were WOW and then I got to thinking is this a doctored up repro made to look sixty years old .Upon further study I could see it was a real jacket from WW2 ,the quality of the repros out there today 20 years from now with honest wear are going to difficult to tell repro from original .Is John Chapman using 100% cotton thread or the more modern synthetic blend for added strength (synthetic will glow under a black light cotton will not ) .
Will there still be an interest in flight jackets in 25 years time ,the way THE COLLECTOR MARKET is the highest prices are fetched on the the items that are 40 years old by a section of society who has the expendable income to buy what he could not or his parent could not afford to buy .Example Model T fords or Muscle Cars ,this was pointed out to me by a Korean war vet who I used to accompany to train shows in Detroit .The really old Lionel,American Flyer,Marx no one wanted as the collectors could not relate to it as they were much younger and wanted to get the 1950s and sixties trains .I wonder what the average age of the total members of the forum , if you can predict the future trends of collecting you can make a lot of money down the road buying the stuff today cheap and storing it away .
My thoughts on this jacket WW2 A-2 Perry is that it will fetch probably $1900 -$2200 ,good investment for the future!. No I do not think it is I personally think we are in or close to the most it will ever fetch .Down the road ten years from now it will have change hands 2 to 4 times and the price will have dropped to 50% of what it is today if not more .
Only if the financial sector and our currency can be stabilized ,if not its anyones guess where the values will be at 10 years from now ?.Lets hope for the best .

Rgds Jeff

Peter Graham

I've seen examples like this before and I'm not suggesting there is anything suspicious but it always amazes me that there can be so much inner wear and so little outer wear.