• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the forum - G1 Jacket 7823(AER) size 40

Albert1

Dear All,

My first post on this wonderful forum full of great people and jackets alike!

Unlike many of you, I am not a jacket collector but I have always wanted to get myself a nice one, preferably original and with a bit of history to tell. This is by chance that I bumped into this one… It fits me like a glove, it looks good and based on the mountain of information which I have been able to find on the forum, it has also a bit of history.

I would love to hear from you with any comment you have about the jacket and perhaps also its pedigree. From my research, it fits quite well within the Korean War era as evidenced by the Air Task Group 1 and VF-12 Tustodes Pacis Armis patches and what I believe to be a CAG-11 marking. about the latter, I have not been able to find many exemples available for comparison on the net. Its construction looks to be fairly early but I might be wrong. please do let me know if you think otherwise.

Many thanks and… keep on with the good work

best wishes

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_3122.jpeg
    IMG_3122.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3114.jpeg
    IMG_3114.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3115.jpeg
    IMG_3115.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3120.jpeg
    IMG_3120.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3121.jpeg
    IMG_3121.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3118.jpeg
    IMG_3118.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3117.jpeg
    IMG_3117.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3116.jpeg
    IMG_3116.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 103

Erwin

Great jacket, any ex-owner name marked inside the chest pocket? Fantastic rare example of VF-12 patch, looks like you are aware of how great this jacket is, patches make this piece unique]. However this is not a jacket from the Korean war - this contract FOSTER SPORTSWEAR CO, INC. CONTRACT N383-22356A was made after the war. ATG-1 deployments can be found here https://www.seaforces.org/usnair/CVW/ATG-1.htm

Wear and enjoy this cool piece Alex, do not sell as it would be not possible to get a jacket like this one ;)

Brettafett

Welcome, nice jacket. That is a good pedigree.

One day when you have some time, grab a hot beverage of choice and read through this.
Painstaking put together by some of the lads here.

Albert1

Thank you gents for the nice comments and warm welcome.

Little knowledge is always a dangerous thing but it looks like I had a good flair with this G1.

Thank you Brettafett for the useful link. What an incredible piece of work! The level of details is impressive and the contents simply fascinating. And no time to get the kettle on for that hot beverage, the whole thing is too thrilling

Alex

Last edited: