• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New SFAD ELC B3

CBI

Looks Good!!!

Price...GEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

The price of materials and labor is simply becoming too prohibitive on so many levels.

ButteMT61

Agree - lovely, but jackets are quickly running outside of my spending comfort zone. The more I rethink adding a new jacket, the more I realize that it really makes no sense. I have a few left in my closet, and those are my fave's. No real point in adding to that and spending a ton more money. But I have to stop looking at pics because I can't control my emotions with some of these things.

Thankfully I guess it's being modulated by a weak dollar and too many other things I need to do here.

Jason

Kudos to Gary for producing this rarely seen B-3 - never knew the story behind these ones, but now I do! - and was scrolling down to the see the price. Yikes, that's some serious coin. But what's the bet that it won't stop some affluent buyers from buying one - and perhaps that's the market ELC are aiming at?

Roughwear

This is one superb reproduction of a rare USAAC produced B-3. From the pics on the site it looks like a lightly worn original. Yes the price is high, but I guess there is a market for it among those with deep pockets.

Silver Surfer

ai carumba! i didnt know that they had four panel backs. i would have thought that like other pre and early way b-3s, they would have been two panel backs. live and learn. the "time worn" effect in the pix is quite believable, in fact, the first elc "time worn" jac that looks....time worn. now, about the price.......yikes.

ausreenactor

It only affects those buying. And I would assume if they are clicking the add to cart button it is not a concern. No use getting wrapped around the axles about it.

Super jacket.

asiamiles

Looking at the pic comparing it to the original, I have to say that the Buzz repro's were a lot closer colour-wise...maybe ELC tried to make it what they consider to be a more wearable jacket?