• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Second Hand Goddwear Bronco

herk115

I just purchased this this GW Bronco on Ebay. It's maybe a tad too big at 46 given his measurements, but as I am destined to get bigger as I age, this will probably be okay. I have one concern, though: the price seemed great, but nobody jumped on it but me, and it had been up at least 24 hours. Do you guys know something I don't know, or was it simply that no one else was interested or had the cash?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... OC:US:1123

herk115

Of course, I meant "Goodwear" in the subject line. A great lesson in the value of proofreading.

SuinBruin

Great jacket. I have 2 of John's Broncos, one in goat, one in dull russet aniline horse. The goat was made ca. 2008, and since then John has upgraded the knits and label. Yours looks like it has the updated label so I would think it is a newer jacket. $700 seems like a very fair price for a jacket in that condition and with the name tag stitch holes. Congrats on getting a Good Wear, and enjoy the heck out of it!

Rutger

deeb7 said:
herk115 said:
Of course, I meant "Goodwear" in the subject line.

Well there's a Freudian slip. :cool:

Yeah,admit it, herk. You're rotenhahn. Your next thread will include a rant on an A2 from Evil Leather Clothing.

I saw the jacket, but it was too large for me.
I guess if you're afraid that it might be a fake you can ask JC if there are any telltale things about it to make sure it's not.

Weasel_Loader

Nice jacket. I have the same exact jacket and same exact size. Having owned a few different horse hide GW A-2s, the goat is by far the most comfortable in my opinion. No break in period and very soft. You'll be happy!

BTW, I'm actually getting ready to sell mine as I just don't have the opportunities to wear it as much and my other hobby is poking at me. :lol:

Roughwear

I know what you mean about the stitch holes, but buying this jacket on Ebay avoids the wait time from JC.

dmar836

Herk,
Did you get it yet? There was a brief period where many of JC's jackets, in various sizes, had the 46 label. Maybe that was only on the size-inclusive label like Dubow but I'm not sure. I briefly had a second hand Dubow that was a 40 but had the 46 label.
Wondering how it fit and what you thought?
Dave

herk115

tcwu said:
Don't you guys think it's overpriced for a name tag stitch holes A-2?
Even it's a GW?
(you also have to buy a replace name tag and find a tailor to put the name tag back)

I think it's over priced! I rather buy a new one! or used without stitch holes on it!

Well, even at the BIN price, I still saved $300 and as was pointed out, the wait time. Stitch holes? Feh! I'm going to put my own name tag on it anyway, and the stitch holes serve as good alignment guides. And I do my own sewing, so I don't need a tailor.

I haven't received the jacket yet, but by the measurements given by the buyer, and confirmed by John, it will be just a tad large on me, which is what I want. That way I might look a little like a pimply-faced 21-year-old with his first issue jacket, or at least I will have some spare room as I expand with age. I'll let you guys know when I get it, and I'll post pics. Thanks for asking!

Ian C

Its a beaut.

As soon as John is taking orders I'm going to slap a deposit on one but wouldn't mind some advice on what tipe would suit my build best. I'm 6ft 2in and fairly broad in the shoulders due to the warbow use. I used to be a skinny get but no more. I was thinking a Star Sportswear although my Eastman Monarch is quite a nice fit so I could live with another but wouldn't mind something different either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ian

Cobblers161

Herk, that looks like a spot on WW2 fit, none of this tight skinny stuff, just the way they would have been worn. You must be well chuffed.

Ian, aye lad a Star is roomy in the shoulders as are the 27753's and a '41 Werber will accommodate and look damn sharp, but best bet though is to talk to the man himself once he's booking in orders.

herk115

Cobblers161 said:
Herk, that looks like a spot on WW2 fit, none of this tight skinny stuff, just the way they would have been worn. You must be well chuffed.

Uh...forgive me, but being from the States, and California in particular (where we have our own language), leaves me at a disadvantage when understanding "proper" English. Can you tell me what "chuffed" means? It sounds great, whatever it is!

A check of the word "chuff" at dictionary.com gave me the following:

"chuff"
noun
1. a rustic.
2. a boor; churl.
3. a miserly fellow.

I'm probably all three. :D

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
  • 1. chuffed

To be very pleased, proud or happy with yourself

I just scored free tickets to the gig, I'm well chuffed