• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New project M-422a

oose

Hi all,

Just picked this up. I needed a new project, needs new everything but the leather looks great and once I get it done (Aero, Scotland)its going to be a great jacket!

09427243-IMG_64761.jpg

941072897-IMG_64771.jpg

18360298-IMG_64791.jpg

21861988-IMG_64841.jpg

97624924-IMG_64851.jpg

yours stu

bazelot

The leather is awesome on this one. it will be a great jacket once finished. Do you know how much Aero will charge for acomplete jacket overhaul?

oose

No idea!!

About £150 I would have thought but it will be worth it, I hope! I've been looking for one for so long, can't wait for it to arrive. Gordon & Ferguson M-422A leather are said to be one of the best. Really looking forward to handeling this one.

p.s.

I like your G & F hope the patch is original, but it still be a great jacket.

yours stu

bazelot

Let us know when you get it and post pics. I can't wait to see it once it's refurbished. I can't get over this leather. It looks beautiful.

dujardin

good restoration project.
as already said, leather looks great.
many luck with this jacket.
byeeeee

m

Peter Graham

That's a beautiful jacket. It will be great once it's finished. Make sure you source your own mouton. Aero do a fantastic job but their mouton is a bit iffy !

oose

Hi all,

Thanks for the positive comments, for a moment I was not sure I'd made the right decision to buy, but I'd rather have one that needs full reconstruction than one with some faults. Once done it will be a lot cheaper than a repro.

Maybe I'll use that pink talon zipper! Peter I know you want it! its a small size you can add it to any one of your jackets!! :lol:

yours stu

siddhartha

Administrator
I like it a lot-a similar one of mine went off to Aero, looking like this:
My+latest.jpg

and came back like this:
Front.jpg

Well worth the cost/time

Chris

bazelot

Chris, it looks amazing now. It is fantastic to give a second life to those jackets. If you do not mind my asking how much did they charge you to fix all that?
Tom

siddhartha

Administrator
I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but it was quite reasonable.

The leather on this one is the thickest goatskin I've seen on an original jacket, and Aero cleaned/conditioned it well. It had the original liner (which needed to be replaced) with label, and the rest as you see in the before pic.

They did a fantastic job, and I wear it a bit now (not too much-it still looks like the picture). It is a sz 44, and fits like that.

I was lucky, and bought the jacket for about 70-80$ US at the time (about 7 years ago), and it was a steal even then. You have to have faith that you can restore them, though.

It also had green and white paint on it, but Aero managed to get rid of that, too

Chris

oose

Hi,

Great looking jacket Chris, they did a real nice job there. Amanda got back to me and quoted a price of £150, if it still had the original lining it would have been £20 cheaper as they could have used it as a template. But that still a great deal as the whole jacket will have cost me £250 when finished and that's almost £200 cheaper that a good repro, with Eastman a £420 and Aero at £425. Can't wait! its in the post to me know, will post better pic when it gets here.

yours stu

oose

Hi all,
Jacket arrived the other day, given it a bit of love and the goat skin looks great, it fits fantastic, took some pics today, they are taken in the shade although I've included one of the back in direct sunlight so you can see how good leather looks. Its also had a intersting shaped patch removed, I've outlined in photoshop, any ideas on this one. I'll be sending it up to Aero in a couple of weeks for full refit.

yours stu

422afront-1.jpg

422aback-1.jpg

422abackinsun.jpg

422afrontclose.jpg

422apocketleft.jpg

422apocketright.jpg

422apatch.jpg

siddhartha

Administrator
HHjackets said:
Front.jpg

looks really nice, was the mutton aero's and if it was what colour is it? is it golden like this
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/weba ... prodid=327

thanks.

Hi,

The mouton collar was indeed supplied from Aero-they only had a small amount of that particular mouton at the time, so I am not sure, but don't think it was their usual stock mouton.

They sent me samples, and commented that the blonde sample was small because they only had enough at that time to replace my collar.

Take care,

Chris

oose

Hi all,

My ladies mouton coat has arrived and the mouton is amazing, without a doubt the best £15 I spent! (thanks Peter) I'll post some pics later.

daylight
mouton2.jpg

with flash
mouton.jpg

Just a question about knits. I know G & F knits were a little grayer than other manafactures and wanted to know who's knits were the nearest today. I've read reveiws about Real McCoy's knits and they seem to be the ones of choice, just wondered what the concensus was befour I purchase any?

I've spoken to them and they with send them including postage for $90 New Zealand about £30.

yours stu

Hawkeye

Great jackets. Im curious, do you guys use photoshop to make the white background? how is it done?

EDIT: on closer inspection it looks like you used a white sheet as a background :oops: However, there also must be an easy way to edit that in

oose

Hi Hawkeye,

I do you a white sheet and then disapear it in photoshop dosen't take long this is mainly due to fact that i don't iron the sheet first! I'm a bit slap dash, but I've been a photographer and used photoshop for many year so its a quick procedure for me.

if you have JC cd he talkes about photographing jackets on it.

yours stu