• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Patches From Johnny Signor--Emblemhunter

Juanito

Here are four patches I recently had done by Johnny Signor--EMBLEMHUNTER here on the VLJ site.

The quality is remarkably similar to original patches in that they are hand painted and "rough" with some texture, as opposed to a lot of the nearly perfect, airbrushed patches that are common today.

While we discussed the patches being 5" with the exception of the 201st, they are all 6" except for the 336th, and a little too large to put on jackets with name tags already sewn on them. The patches simply won't it in the space between the name tag and pocket flap with any asthetic spacing or placement, so they'll be framed as artwork as opposed to being put on any jacket.

I am highly satisfied with the art work and would recommend, but I would want to be crystal clear about the sizing. They are also a bargan at $50 each, shipped.

65th Fighter--Uncle Bud, the Rooster:

201st Mexican Fighter Squadron:

336th Fighter Squadron:

Watson's Wizzers:

EMBLEMHUNTER

Thanks for posting them , and No It wasn't me , I have yet to figure out the screwy posting system on this forum , the other sites are easy , this one I just give up on trying to post them ..........

EMBLEMHUNTER

I was under the impression that the patches he ordered were O.K. "between 5-6" inches , but maybe I read his notes wrong .......

Juanito

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
I was under the impression that the patches he ordered were O.K. "between 5-6" inches , but maybe I read his notes wrong .......

I really didn't want to get into a pissing match but here's a portion of the conversation that I still have on FB:

Johnny Signor: "O.K. that's fine, hate to nag , but I need you to specify what size you want the three patches to be made in , between 5-6 inches is what most were , ......."

Juanito: "Not a problem. Closer to 5" than 6"."

Johnny Signor: "O.K. the two US ones will be smaller , the Mexican one no bigger than 6 inches , O.K. ???"

Juanito: "Sounds just fine--thanks!"

After this I added the Watson's Wizzers, but I think it was pretty clear that they should have been closer to 5" than 6", but all at 6"+ except for the 336th which the main disc is 5 5/8". In any case, all at closer to 6" than 5" as discussed.

Again, we agreed that the 201st would be 6" but the rest would be closer to 5". I'll give on the Watson's Wizzers since it wad added after the conversation about size.

Too bad...I do like the quality and you can't beat the price, but this episode eliminates me as a repeat buyer. Sorry.

EMBLEMHUNTER

I wasn't trying to make it a "pissing contest" as you mention , just was stating the fact that you didn't really set the size "specifically" ,"closer to" could be anywhere in beteween , and you didn't mention you were going to add name strips onto the jacket/s they were going on , if you had that would have made a difference in the size , I'm sorry this didn't work out to your liking but a little better info would have also helped, but Much thanks again for the order and all the best to you !!!!