• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New old stock Star WEP G-1 1966

dinomartino1

Not as fantastic as Jorges offerings but for those interested.
New old stock 1966 Star Sportswear G-1
1966 prefix of DSA-100, no dating Suffix
1966 was the last year for the MIL-J-7823C [WEP]
MIL-J-7823C (WEP) 1962-66
Size 40
Collar is perfect, zip looks like it just left the factory.
Talon brass wireclip zipper.
Leather is in perfect condition.
The leather puller is showing it's age.
The knits had suffered from being in storage an had a lot of moth holes but my alterations guy did a good job,
He was a war refugee form South Vietnam and tailoring was the family business, he gets a real kick when I bring him military stuff to work on.
As soon as I walked in he said "Oh a navy jacket" though he has not one since the early 70s, The chalk marks are where I marked the holes for him.
Size is 40 but slim fitting. I think would be more suited to a 38.
shoulders 18 and a bit
chest 20 1/2"
back length 25 1/2'
arms 25 3/4"

P1020973.JPG

P1020971.JPG

P1020977.JPG

P1020979.JPG

Last edited:

MaydayWei

I've never seen a zip like that on a G-1 before. Seen the paper clips but not the bell-shaped puller.
Regardless, it's a beauty. Enjoy it good health! :)

Lorenzo_l

I have a similar jacket, same brand, same series, same state of repair, and even similar moth holes in the waistband! And man, do I like this jacket!
One thing that really caught my attention was that both Dino's and my jacket have single-ply waistband knits as opposed to the, up to then, more common double-ply type. I was told (or read) that the late "C" series G-1s started to be made with single-ply waistbands instead. As Dino pointed out, his jacket (and mine) were probably manufactured in 1966, i.e. the last year of that specific Star Sportswear's contract.

Fr1.jpg

Bk1.jpg

I am still blown away at how supple and nice the goatskin is on this jacket, despite having barely any use. It is a delight to wear.

Ft2.jpg

Lb1.jpg

My only reference for goatskin, up until the time I got the Star, used to be my ELC G-1, whose goatskin is nothing as supple as the Star's.
And speaking of jackets making the rounds on this forum, I got the Star from Brett. I hope you enjoy your new Star as much as I do mine, Dino!

Last edited: