• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New look of US Authentic

zoomer

Mine is extra long but very practical in the dead of winter - especially the beltless collar, which just zips to the top. Very solidly built, too.

It has an "M-422" label, if anyone cares.

John Lever

zoomer said:
Mine is extra long but very practical in the dead of winter - especially the beltless collar, which just zips to the top. Very solidly built, too.

It has an "M-422" label, if anyone cares.
can we see some pics ?
what clour is the wool ?

atkins

m444_1.jpg

I guess longish is their mindset.

Roughwear

You can't go wrong with their jackets for as they say Our attention to detail is second-to-none. :lol: :lol:

For the price the A2s seem quite good. Their Irvin is a joke, but the B-3 is by far a more accurate repro.

zoomer

The big thing with the US-A A-2 is the very heavy horsehide. As one of the reviewers on their site says, it will keep you warm in chilly winds. But it's not a jacket for all seasons. Their goatskin is more of a typical A-2 weight.

Now some pix of my M-444 - apologies to oldbies who may already have seen them.

2348004931_5bec5c0115_o.jpg

2348837810_3372fc3225_o.jpg

2348837970_c7e2ea549c_o.jpg

2348005621_653150b0a0_b.jpg

2348005683_f6aa34b329_o.jpg

2348838044_fc9d89be2b_o.jpg

John Lever

Thanks for the pics. It looks quite long but it will keep you warm.
I believe some had the double thickness leather collars.

ghq1

John Lever said:
Thanks for the pics. It looks quite long but it will keep you warm.
I believe some had the double thickness leather collars.

The US Authentic M-444 I have is about 4-5 years old with a Trapunto stitched goatskin reinforced collar. The tag is from an A-2 with the "2" plucked out . . .so I suppose Shaul just used any tag available to get the company name on the jacket . . .

No doubt it's long at 29 inches in the back but then again no riding up and no cold spots. Same rib rack wool cuffs as on his G-1's. No. 10 big toothed paperclip zipper. Rayon lining in the pockets and armpits. As stated -- warm and solidly built. Thick and fluffy B-3 like fleece. The seams are not goat or horse reinforced - yet the waist and cuffs are.

Not sure I'd drop anywhere near retail for this but certainly a used one for a few bills is the way to go.

atkins

Robman said:
Their A-2 slightly resembles a Perry, I know not a perfect copy...just an observation.

The label numbers is same as a Perry if i remember correctly...or is it Dubow?

airfrogusmc

John Lever said:
What do you think of the m444 ?
It's the only other apart from the stellar Few version.

John I had an old Willis and Geiger M444 form the mid 1990s and was made by US Authentic and its not 100% accurate and I always regretted selling that jacket.

I know you've all seen this before but heres some photos of the M445 they made for me and all for less than a grand.
IMG_19742-1.jpg

IMG_8231.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_8237.jpg

IMG_8240.jpg

IMG_8236.jpg

I replaced the buttons at the bottom with these and a Talon zip slider from our good buddy Clark
IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_9468.jpg

IMG_9470.jpg

Both this jacket and the M444 I had are VERY well made.

John Lever

I had an m445 size 42, sadly it was too small. I liked it apart from the distressed finish. It was traded for a B-3 with Aero, but I never did see it on their sales pages so assume one of the staff bought it.

airfrogusmc

John Lever said:
I had an m445 size 42, sadly it was too small. I liked it apart from the distressed finish. It was traded for a B-3 with Aero, but I never did see it on their sales pages so assume one of the staff bought it.
John I had no idea that they made a distressed finish.

The sheepskin on both my M444 and my now my M445 is really nice.

John Lever

This was over 10 years ago and the jacket was old then so it could be a 20 year old jacket by now I suppose. It looked like stonewashed jeans and had the triangular arm patches that look so cool.[also a paper-clip zip]

airfrogusmc

John Lever said:
This was over 10 years ago and the jacket was old then so it could be a 20 year old jacket by now I suppose. It looked like stonewashed jeans and had the triangular arm patches that look so cool.[also a paper-clip zip]

My old M444 was really nice and broken in. I just hope that this M445 breaks in as nicely as that did. So far so good.

US Authentic in my opinion is a nice alternative if things like zippers , buckles and side straps not being 100% accurate are not all that important to you. I had an incredible RMNZ duo tone B-3 and in my opinion their sheepskin is as good as it gets so I can just imagine how good their or I should say the Few M444 is. Unfortunately they don't make my size. Plus the price.

Again I like my USA M445 as much as I have any sheepskin repro I've ever owned and I had it in hand, custom order, in two weeks.