• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Jacket! - Good Wear Rough Wear 1401-P

3onamatch

The other day, much to my shocked surprise, my wife presents me with a belated anniversary gift: a Good Wear A-2! Rough Wear contract 1401-P in Ultra-Vintage Dark Russet Goatskin with the new toasted brown knits. This jacket is truly marvelous. Hats off to Mr. Chapman. The leather is my favorite shade of Russet, not too dark, not too light. And it is the perfect weight for all but the coldest parts of winter, I suspect.... My wife, the crafty devil; she somehow got my measurements and shipped off one of my other A-2's for reference without my getting wise. Looks like the fit is spot on, too. What do you guys think?

ausreenactor

To be honest, I think many here will think your wife is more amazing than the jacket. And that is saying something! Very impressive jacket, and your wife and JC have done well in getting it to you... The planning and forethought is very impressive. Don't upset your wife ever....no one will find you... ever!!

Once again, a great looking Good Wear....

Couchy

Skip

You got a stunner there, talking about the jacket. just make sure you look after your wife mate ;)

dujardin

absolutely perfect

very nice one, like the color, like the grain

this jacket could be mine

she's not a single wife you have, she's a jewel

that's a cool present (gift)

by the way, welcome

CBI

Spot on!

Kudos to the wife as well although.............

I think all of our wives are supportive of us having a cool and even expensive quality leather jacket. Its when we want our 4th, 5th, 10th, 20th jacket that makes them crazy!

Wear in good health.

John continues to be THE MAN!!!!!

The wait always seems worth it once the jacket arrives.

mindful

looks great on you,i like the vintage leather and the collar stand is perfect sharp looking on the RW, and the contrast of the knits are a nice touch to. the misses done well ;)

Jeff M

Wonderful!
Fit looks perfect...great looking leather and knits.
Haven't seen GW's "vintage" goat up close and personal. It looks as good as the reviews I've heard from others.
Congrats!

Dr H

I've owned more GW goat jackets than horseshide and the ultra vintage drapes more closely to period goat than any other that I've worn.

Roughwear

I too like the ultra vintage goatskin used to make this jacket. I have never seen a GW RW 1401-P made from goatskin before. You are a very lucky chap to get this A2 for your birthday. Enjoy it.

Smithy

Another stunning GW creation. The goatskin looks incredible, and fit looks bang on too. You've got a very kind better half there mate so I'd be on best behaviour :D

wheat1479

Beautiful fit,color and please have your wife contact all the other wives on here.Let them know how to make their men happy !!!