• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New in Box 5-Star size 48-Long

blaze424

Wrong size for me: new in box and still tagged wool and seal brown goatskin (sleeves and trim) jacket.

EBay: 204706812896

Measurements:

Chest = 54.3"
Hem = 50"
Shoulder = 20.5"
Sleeves = 28.2"
Back Length = 29.5
IMG_1884.jpeg
IMG_1885.jpeg
IMG_1886.jpeg

mulceber

Very interesting. I wonder where they got the idea for this one?
Hmmm...
View attachment 142585

Yeah, definitely ELC-inspired. That said, the Flying Instructor's jackets is one of those jackets that I like and would wear, but I don't love it enough to pay Eastman (or Good Wear, or RMC, etc.) prices for it. It's a neat design, and I hope Gary has sold a lot of them, but, were I in the market for one, I'd be looking at budget options like blaze was.

blaze424

I customized the following FiveStar design - by including seal brown goatskin.

B-Man2

I can’t ever remember seeing old photos of any flight personnel, civilian or military wearing one of these jackets or anything similar to it . I guess it was supposed to have been featured in whatever “Thunderbird Field” was … a movie ???
but the only movie close to that name is “ Thunderbirds “ a 1942 film.

Edit : decided to watch it … lots of flight jackets and vintage aircraft all real film no CGI stuff. The A2’s were all Hollywood repros because in 1942 there were no surplus jackets . Plot sucked

Last edited: