• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ELC Slender A-2

Persimmon

I have met a few folks from this Forum and I don't see that style of cut working.
I don't regard myself as fat but I could not not fit to that shape these days.
And its steerhide as well.

Now what other gimmicks can I come up with ... hang on 3D films are in at the moment.
There must be a 3D film we can hang our hat (jacket) on surely...
OK lets do a 3D version !!

bseal

Well I guess they are trying to attract and exploit the as of yet and still untapped serial killer niche market? Nice.

havocpaul

Didn't quite see the reasons for it when I saw it yesterday, and that link to that music video isn't going to sell it much IMO...I really must be getting old, couldn't watch the thing! Yes, I guess the Japanese market will snap it up but would have rather seen a new contract jacket personally.

A

Anonymous

For GBP 600, I can give you one original contract repro and a house A-2 for free (and one mid size Domino pizza of your preference).

Rutger

Venturing into fashionable stuff for a younger, relatively wealthy audience. Nothing wrong with that, it's a bussiness after all.
How to tell what's cool and what's not?
How do you get access to a quick changing market like that?
Suppose they will have to increase the advertising budget considerably, supplying jackets to "cool" movies.
The japanese seem to be wearing lots of slendered nylon flight jackets, not just the William Gibson range, but all sorts of modified L2 and MA1's.
Did BR or RMC ever have a slender range of A2's? Maybe the aussies know.

Right, watched the vid (without sound), disgusting scenes. I probably have missed the message though.

ButteMT61

PLATON said:
For GBP 600, I can give you one original contract repro and a house A-2 for free (and one mid size Domino pizza of your preference).

Deal! :lol:

A big fat Ugh to Eastman on this one.

m444uk

I like the video. A bit of clockwork Orange type ultra violence in London. In fact Hackney, you can see it written on one of the council bins !

mindful

Eastman should have made a new contract im really disappointed it was funny how they took off there steer hide a2 and brung it back in a slender style maybe there trying to get rid of all the steer hide that isn't selling :?:

Roughwear

I agree. ELC should launch a new original maker A2 contract. The last one was the Werber around 6 years ago!

ausreenactor

bseal said:
Well I guess they are trying to attract and exploit the as of yet and still untapped serial killer niche market? Nice.

Probably a larger and more movie friendly demographic than those attending Red Tails. :?

You can safely say it will be a big money spinner, the movie I mean.

Couchy

Marv

Nothing new I'm afraid, I agree ELC should have put the time and effort into developing a new Contract A2.

Watched the Vid, not impressed, tune was ok but didn't really show off the jacket much unless is was spattered with blood.

The all new ELC A2 - Slender.....choice of the Serial Killer, nice :shock:

rich

I'm baffled why ELC would want their product to be associated with this trash. I despise this kind of casual violence, the fact it's being served up
as entertainment is depressing. I guess there are those who would suggest it's making some kind of social 'comment'.
It's a big notch downwards, with no prospect of anything uplifting.

Tim P

I won't be watching the video based on the comments so far.

Not convinced that the slim fit A2 has any relevance. If I want a fashion lookalike or repro I'll stick to the Polo jeans company. They do a great job and its just a case of watching the outlets to get a bargain.

Its up to ELC what they produce for sure but ths one has me scratching my head. I would rather see lower prices on a smaller range.

havocpaul

rich said:
I'm baffled why ELC would want their product to be associated with this trash. I despise this kind of casual violence, the fact it's being served up
as entertainment is depressing. I guess there are those who would suggest it's making some kind of social 'comment'.
It's a big notch downwards, with no prospect of anything uplifting.

I agree, not sure why that vid is now flagged-up prominently on their site now as it really doesn't promote them well IMO. Let's hope there are better ideas and new jackets not too far down the road...