• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW Californian as worn by Bruce Willis paterned fm ORIGINAL

A

Anonymous

Hi, some good news,

Bill Kelso, with help from some friends, were able to get their hands on an original Californian half belt jacket.
Patterns are now being made from that original jacket. As you know the previous half belt released by BK was patterned from a TN (Tony Nowak) jacket. Tony Nowak had patterned it earlier from another original for the needs of the movie Surrogates. However, we find that TN's pattern has some differences from the original. For this reason and to satisfy requests coming from wherever they come BK decided to keep both patterns so our friends when ordering can choose which one they like.

Bk has already replicated the correct label, you can see a sample here:
sampleccc.jpg

The labels are on their way to Athens and the new horsehides are expected before the end of July, so BK can now accept orders.

This jacket will be offered in horsehide (but also in other leathers) and the BK team are all very happy as this is the first time that an exact copy of the Californian half belt will be available to buy. Enjoy!!!

Superfluous

Re: NEW Californian as worn by Bruce Willis paterned fm ORIG

Do you have a photo of the original Californian that BK is using as a model? Do you have any photos of the BK repo? What are the primary differences between the Surrogates/Nowak Californian and the new Californian? Smaller shoulder?

A

Anonymous

photos coming soon

proteinnerd

....and here I was thinking I knew I wanted, a Surrogates....now I have 2 to choose from? Is there really much of a difference between them?

kdallas71

Superfluous - I loaned the Original Californian to Bill Kelso to replicate and also owned a Nowak version. Both jackets are a size 44.
The vintage jacket has a roomier fit through the chest, shoulders and especially the arms. The vintage jacket is also slightly longer. Below are some pictures of me wearing both jackets.

Original

Nowak