• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 603rd B.S. patches

jbmilart

Hey fellas... Here are some new photos of the 603rd B.S. patches I just finished. One version is a standard painted patch that I do... the other has a "weathered antique" look. I've been doing a lot of practice on this technique lately, on scraps of leather with various types of painted colors and stains... trying to get the right mixes and procedures down before actually getting the NERVE to apply it to a finished patch... This is actually my first real attempt at applying this technique to any of my finished patches!

002-10_zps31c55c54.jpg

007_zpsc36fc44a.jpg

006-3_zps656addfd.jpg

004-5_zps035435f0.jpg

005-2_zps7e4b84ae.jpg

The last photo is just to see what this "weathered" patch would look like on my old weathered A2 jacket... just for fun!

012_zpsb62c199e.jpg

I'm still working on making this "weathering technique" better and more consistent... but that will come with practice... at least it's a start...

Jim

EMBLEMHUNTER

Looks pretty good so far , I think if the "yellow" was a little less "bright " that would help ........................
Other than that I think it "almost" looks liek a 60+ year old patch
Johnny