• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need jacket display and care help

Ivymw16

Hey everyone just bought a ww2 A2 vintage jacket for my husband for display. Was wondering how I could have it framed and if anyone has an suggestions in regards to that. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for displaying it? The jacket is in rough shape, not sure if I should apply any conditioner to the leather before putting it into the display case. To note it has a cbi muslin patch on the back.

Shanghai-Mayne

Museum display their jacket on a model, need other gentlemen tell you how to deal with the leather.
IMG_1016.jpeg

Dumpster D

Would love to see some photos. A frame is a great idea, they make shadow box ones for sports Jerseys you might be able to find something like that. I wouldn't apply any leather conditioner or do anything to the jacket if it's original.

Micawber

On a body from torso mannequin in a stable environment out of direct sunlight. Not on a hanger. Photos would help assess condition and advise but there is plenty of info on this forum with regards treatments.