• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-Man2

Knich27,

Fantastic, with all these I can assume it might be the best documented USMC jacket here. I 100% agree with Grant@ that the National Museum of the Marine Corps would be the best place for displaying the jacket and related documents.
While this would probably be the best place for the jacket, museums usually don’t pay for artifacts and the owners have to donate their items. I don’t think this is in the game plan for this jacket.

Knich27

While this would probably be the best place for the jacket, museums usually don’t pay for artifacts and the owners have to donate their items. I don’t think this is in the game plan for this jacket.
You are correct. The jacket was pulled from a storage unit I bought at auction. I buy these units to resell the contents. And unfortunately this jacket was about the only thing of value that was in the unit. Therefore I do plan to sell. Although I did reach out to the museum and explain the situation just in case. I sent an email with photos to several of the directors/ coordinators and am awaiting a reply.

Saint-ex

Good luck for your sale

1698433828817.png

Knich27

I only have it listed on Facebook as of now. I unfortunately have not been a member of this group long enough to be allowed to post in the selling thread.

Got this jacket out of a storage unit clean out I purchased at auction. Along with it were original copies of several US Marines issued documents dated in the 1940s as well as the honorable discharge paper work. Typically I purchase these units for resale.. but wasn’t sure if this is something I should hold onto. Or where to even begin if I were to decide to sell it. Any info helps! View attachment 124719View attachment 124711View attachment 124713View attachment 124715View attachment 124717

Attachments

• M422a, pg 1_220801_095624.jpg
    M422a, pg 1_220801_095624.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 65