• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help With a Jacket ID of Origin

AustinDirect

Hi and I wanted to ask if someone could regonize a jacket by its features other then intermediate flight jacket
s-l1600 (1).jpg

B-Man2

Hi Austin
Would you post a photo of the label in the collar lining if there is one, also a close of of the zipper puller and the back of the jacket would help . Also any labels in the pocket flaps or sewn into the interior of the lining, such as what it’s made from or how to care for it . This is always like a little detective game and the more clues you have the better the chance to ID the jacket .
Cheers

AustinDirect

s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
Hi Austin
Would you post a photo of the label in the collar lining if there is one, also a close of of the zipper puller and the back of the jacket would help . Also any labels in the pocket flaps or sewn into the interior of the lining, such as what it’s made from or how to care for it . This is always like a little detective game and the more clues you have the better the chance to ID the jacket .
Cheers
Its the only number on the jacket search high and low and it appears to be a Cooper lining its to similar not to be, but my eyes are getting tired. I searched all areas for numbers and nada. The zipper pull is an intact double not and the exterior has the cow hide with rippled finish. Why create a jacket and only make less then a handful without saying something more. No collar ever fitted or removed but its apparently a mystery.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 122

B-Man2

View attachment 60801View attachment 60801

Its the only number on the jacket search high and low and it appears to be a Cooper lining its to similar not to be, but my eyes are getting tired. I searched all areas for numbers and nada. The zipper pull is an intact double not and the exterior has the cow hide with rippled finish. Why create a jacket and only make less then a handful without saying something more. No collar ever fitted or removed but its apparently a mystery.
I can tell you that this is a commercially made jacket that looks like it was supposed to be a repro of a military jacket, known as the G-1 but in fact looks more like the AN-J3 . The jacket may be made of goatskin but more likely it is probably made of leather and the surface was pressed to replicate goatskin. I don’t have any idea how or who put the Velcro patch placards on the jacket . It was probably done to make the jacket look more authentic.

Chandler

Didn't LL Bean have the rights to call their flight jackets "Flying Tiger" jackets at one point?

MikeyB-17

Strange kettle of poisson. Big square pocket flaps, no mouton. Presumably there’s nothing on the windflap? What’s going on with the label? Almost looks like there’s more of it tucked inside the lining. Have a feel around and see if there’s anything going on out of sight (clutching at straws here tbh). I wonder if somebody military purchased it privately and put the Velcro on?

Chandler

Can you see stitch marks on the liner, under the collar? I imagine there was a label that was probably removed at one point.

*Nevermind -- I see that label is right where I said to look -- the shape is just odd compared to most FJs.

Chandler

Didn't LL Bean have the rights to call their flight jackets "Flying Tiger" jackets at one point?
Okay, I either have to drink more or less coffee -- I don't know why I read Flying Tigers on that label. :rolleyes:

Enthusiast Gestalt, I guess. ;)