• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying vintage label

Crayfish

Looking at trying to identify the following vintage padded cafe racer with a three snap collar, offset prym zippers and triple Gutos W Germany waste buckles. The two chest zips and the two sleeve zips are unmarked but have the letter "N" is stamped on the back.

The lining appears to be sheep wool.

The label is shredded but I believe I can make out a "windmill" logo, red script letters "Le...." And on the bottom of the label in red lettering "Bremer ave..."

Crayfish

Here is a pic of the label

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    598 KB · Views: 350

MikeyB-17

I'll tell you what it isn't and that's Lewis Leathers, who have always been a UK-based company. Otherwise no prizes for guessing it's German, but as to the manufacturer, sorry, no clues. I don't think it's especially old, possibly 70's or 80's. Best I can do, I'm afraid.

Crayfish

You guys are the best! It's incredible the amount of info the collective has. I searched all over the we and couldn't find this info...how the heck did you do it? What are the tricks?

Thanks again.

BTW since I was missing a couple of the buckles, I contacted the manufacturer and they were nice enough to send me a few of their current model buckles that look very similar to the originals.

jack31916

Dutch is a bit similar to German so... :)

Good that they were willing to send you a couple of buckles.

Good luck with the restoration.

Crayfish

Just got the replacement buckles from the manufacturer in Germany (Gutos).

I stitched in one of the hooks (bottom hook in the pic) and reinforced all the stitches for the belts and the hooks. I decided to use all new fasteners so they all look uniform.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 339
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 303

Members online

Latest posts