• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help figuring out what is written on jacket

bazelot

I just bought a WWII jacket with Korean war patches and there information actually printed on the jacket but it is really hard to make out what it says.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here goes:

bazelot

I think I know what it says:

I think the first line says "NAS DENVER C"and the last line says "ISSUE ROOM", I can't figure out the middle part but it might be "BUCKLEY-FIELD". I had never seen such a stamp on a Navy refurbished jacket.

oose

bazelot said:
I think I know what it says:

I think the first line says "NAS DENVER C"and the last line says "ISSUE ROOM", I can't figure out the middle part but it might be "BUCKLEY-FIELD". I had never seen such a stamp on a Navy refurbished jacket.

I played around in photo shop and i concur with you, first stamp I've seen to.

All the best
Stu

That is strange to have a stamp like that inside of the jacket. Typically leather jackets weren't organizational clothing, they were issued to the individual Aircrewman or Pilot in flight school. It appears to have the same font as a nametag. Probably made with the same stamp machine they would make leather nametags out of.

jschare

It looks to me like it says "Beware of this addiction. It will cost you a lot of money..."

bfrench

Administrator
bazelot said:
I just bought a WWII jacket with Korean war patches and there information actually printed on the jacket but it is really hard to make out what it says.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here goes:

Here's from Wikipedia

World War II

Aerial view of the Naval Air Station Denver in the late 1940s
During the early years of World War II the city of Denver purchased a 5,740-acre (23 km2) parcel of land several miles east of the city and donated it to the Department of the Army. The site was named Buckley Field after 1st Lt. John Harold Buckley, a Longmont, Colorado, native, who was killed while on a combat strafing mission behind enemy lines in France on September 17, 1918.

Under the command of the 336th AAF Base Unit (Army Air Forces Technical Training Command), construction on this air base began in early 1942, and that resulted in the construction of over 700 buildings. On 1 July 1942, the U.S. Army Air Corps Technical Training School there opened. It consisted of bombardier and armorer training for air crewmen on the B-17 Flying Fortress and B-24 Liberator bomber, also an Arctic Training School for Air crew headed for the Alaskan Wing of the Air Transport Command. During WWII, Buckley Field also trained over 50,000 airmen in initial basic training.

In February 1947, the base, always the center of multi-service operations, became Naval Air Station Denver (NAS Denver). In April 1960, NAS Denver was transferred from the U.S. Navy to the U.S. Air Force and renamed Buckley Air National Guard Base, becoming the first stand alone Guard base in the Air Force. End Quote

The first line on the jacket could be - NAS Denver CO

Second line maybe - Buckley FLD

Andrew

I'd like to know what drugs you guys who are seeing things are on. I've seen more meaning on a piece of burnt toast. :?

Do the squadron patches that are on the jacket represent a squadron that would have been stationed at NAS Denver during that time period?

bazelot

Treetopflyer said:
Do the squadron patches that are on the jacket represent a squadron that would have been stationed at NAS Denver during that time period?

No they are purely keep war Era patches so the pilot either got it in Denver and patched it up in Korea or it was issued later.

Andrew

Aha, now I see it too. I sent it across to Horatio at CSI Miami and this is what they found

017b_zps2776462b.jpg