• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a zipper !

fleet16b

Hi Everyone
Unfortunately the zipper on my ELC 1401 RW A2 just broke
so I am looking for a replacement source
I guess I have two option, send the jacket to ELC for repair or find a correct Talon zipper and hope that the local Tailer can replace it

Zipper sources????? and advice would be appreciated

Falcon_52

Yes, there are some magic words to put on the customs declaration form - pretty close to what Victor wrote. I remember Gary telling me the correct wording to use before I shipped my A-2 back for a repair years ago. I didn't pay any duty on the return trip back.

I'm not familiar with the Canadian customs department but hopefully they treat the situation similarly.

Noel

fleet16b

The reply for Eastman is that they are waaaay to busy to do the work and they suggest that I try again next spring
With that said I guess I need to purchase a zipper and have someone local try to install it

Is there are source in N. America ?
And which model is the proper Crown zipper for my jacket ?

jschare

fleet16b said:
The reply for Eastman is that they are waaaay to busy to do the work and they suggest that I try again next spring
With that said I guess I need to purchase a zipper and have someone local try to install it

Wow... That seems like very poor customer service given the fact it was their zipper that failed. Maybe try HPA in the states since they are the Eastman rep for North America.

fleet16b

jschare said:
fleet16b said:

Wow... That seems like very poor customer service given the fact it was their zipper that failed. Maybe try HPA in the states since they are the Eastman rep for North America.

Yup thats the feeling I got after reading their response
Having spent a fair amount on an A2 and on an Irvin Jacket , I thought
they would have treated me a little better.
Not too impressed

foster

Eastman will not sell one of their Crown zippers. The only way you can get one from them, is if it leaves Eastman sewn into a jacket.

2BM2K

Original WW2 Crown zippers are rare and so command a high price.

Eastman own the Crown trademark and make reproduction Crown zippers.
They are the only source of repro Crown zippers but it is unlikely that will sell any,
even to repair an Eastman jacket.

fleet16b

The jacket came from Eastman with a Talon zip inplace.
Maybe that was all they had at the time.
MASH sells the Talon repro zip for under $40 , so I may go that route

Wtg a reply from Eastman as to whether they will sell me one .