• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my new set of 3 patches by misterrrrrrr Ties

dujardin

hello all,

wow, what a good parcel i receive today.
some days ago i request Ties to realise a set of patches dedicated to the 27FBG 523FBS 12AF.
aged look and incised.
and this is the result, let the photos talk by themselve

US flag
DSCF0368.jpg

DSCF0369.jpg

12AF
DSCF0367.jpg

523FBS
DSCF0370.jpg

DSCF0371.jpg

and this is how my jacket will look if i decide to request my wife to sew this set on my jacket.
DSCF0365.jpg

splendid no??????????????????????
thanks again Ties; you did a splendid job again

byeeeeeeee marcel

ties70

Silver Dollar said:
That's beautiful work. The weathering is extraordinary. I like how they've been incised. I have to learn to do that.

Guys, thanks a lot for the kind feedback!!

The incised patches are really fun to make. And yes, the flag has 48 stars with 5-point stars, all individually cut with an Xacto knife

Here is a shot of the patches pre- and after the ageing process:

flag_comparison.jpg

Andrew

Brilliant work Ties, you ought to brand these somehow on the back as repros as they are so good they could well be passed off in the future as real. Very convincing.

Silver Dollar

Andrew said:
Brilliant work Ties, you ought to brand these somehow on the back as repros as they are so good they could well be passed off in the future as real. Very convincing.

I have to agree with that. Lots of shifty people on evilBay. :eek:

unclegrumpy

Silver Dollar said:
Andrew said:

I have to agree with that. Lots of shifty people on evilBay. :eek:

I agree with Andrew and Silver Dollar!

Your work is fantastic, but as an artist Ties, you should signing the pieces you do. A lot of your work is much better than the originals ever were, and I think you do yourself a disservice for not taking the proper credit for your art.

I also think reproductions have their place, but can hurt the hobby if they are sold with the intent to fool people into thinking they are buying something that was original. I realize that is not what you are doing, but Ebay is full of patches sold solely to deceive people....they get posted on the Forum all the time.

Generally speaking, most WW II Squadron patches that were the ones actually worn are scarce and can command very high prices. Reproductions fill a real need for those who want to honor the service of a particular unit or a specific veteran. I own a few for those reasons, but have clearly marked them myself on the back as being copies.

There are a number of very talented artists that display their work on the Forum like yourself, but I just wish they were not afraid to take their just dues by signing their creations.

Keep up the good work Ties...I really enjoy seeing it!

Silver Dollar

Talking about eBayers who knowingly sell phony patches as real, whenever some great thing comes along, there's always some banana who's got to exploit the situation. I used to collect patches and display them but now, I don't trust anything anymore. I thought it was fantastic when repro A2's were being made so accurately. Now, I can't tell live from Memorex.