• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Good Wear Monarch- 1941 In a Box

SuinBruin

Mean spirited? Who referred to a jacket maker's products and observations as to his patterns and tailoring as "king's new clothes"? Was that offered as constructive criticism? :roll:

The photos you pulled do not show what you want them to show. Period. Man up and admit it or leave off.

P.S. I haven't handled more original A-2s than anyone... I just have a pair of eyes and know how to use them. If that comes across as "smug" to you, you probably deal with quite a lot of "smugness" in those around you.

Jeez, so the guys saying nice things about Good Wear are mean-spirited? Say What?

Last time I checked, this was MY thread about MY Good Wear Monarch.

In majormajor1s thread about his Eastman Monarch, I made a polite and honestly appreciative post about his jacket's hide.

And his contribution to my thread was...well.

I don't usually get into the online peeing contests too much, but I just had to comment and address that 'mean-spirited' comment.

As I said before, I welcome honestly constructive criticism, but I had a feeling this was going to turn into a knocking of Good Wear somehow. Call me psychic.

wop54

Clyde, my comment was sincere. Ive just asked John to make an exact copy of your Monarch for me. Hope we wont meet at the same Party wearing the same jacket :D !

Andrew

wop54 said:
Clyde, my comment was sincere. Ive just asked John to make an exact copy of your Monarch for me. Hope we wont meet at the same Party wearing the same jacket :D !

So you won't be needing your current one Carlo? :cool:

wop54

Andrew said:
wop54 said:

Andrew, this could be an option.... but want to hold the Monarch in my hands, first.... and see what my heart and my wallet will tell me to do.... :?

wop54 said:
Andrew said:
wop54 said:

Andrew, this could be an option.... but want to hold the Monarch in my hands, first.... and see what my heart and my wallet will tell me to do.... :?

Carlo,

I'm very happy to hear you are ordering a Monarch like this one. I think you will love it! :D

jack aranda

Good morning, gents. I've been in the middle of a move for the past week or so, and not kept up with the 'news' here. Looks like I missed a swell batch of fireworks here in this thread! :eek:

Clyde, I'm knocked out by your Monarch. If/when I win the lottery, a monarch like yours will be on order before lunch. Thanks for the pics--such sweet torment. ;)

hillcpa

That's a great looking jacket, Clyde. And, as has been alluded to by others, that may be the best fitting repro A-2 I have ever seen.

hillcpa said:
That's a great looking jacket, Clyde. And, as has been alluded to by others, that may be the best fitting repro A-2 I have ever seen.

Thank you, sir.

That is truly a sublime compliment. Just got lucky with this one. :D