• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MY New buzz rickson N1 Deck Jacket

mindful

Just thought ill post a few pictures of my new BR deck jacket i know its not highly recommend by others and not true spec, but for me i do prefer it i like the fit and its not to thick but still warm enough and light weight , the real McCoy version is really nice as well i brought one and sent it back due to a fault on the fur and the sizing was a bit to big, so i was looking to buy a BR sea wash N1 but the fur was really itchy compared to the normal BR deck jacket and the sea wash was really snug on me so i chose the standard version and do prefer it, i brought it from japan for £260 delivery included and no tax . that was a great deal cheaper than the price to buy new in the uk.

i rate this jacket and think the Buzz Rickson version is really nice,a great steel if you get one for the right price

A

Anonymous

I love N-1 jackets.
Yours is looking great.
I wouldn't know the details that make it better repro
or which brand offers the best. All the good condition originals I 've seen on ebay cost a fortune.
I hope one day to get a good repro.
A comparison review between re[ros would be nice to have, not only to find the most accurate, but also to find the most preferred which does not necessarily have to be the most accurate.

Yours is a very good fit. Bravo.

mindful

I would say the real mccoys N1 would win but I didn't want to pay an extra hundred pounds for one and there new khaki N1 color was to dark for me I probably will upgrade for a real mccoys one next year but I'm more than happy with this BR N1

A

Anonymous

I would say the real mccoys N1 would win but I didn't want to pay an extra hundred pounds for one and there new khaki N1 color was to dark for me I probably will upgrade for a real mccoys one next year but I'm more than happy with this BR N1

What are the differences?

chamboid

Yeah they're a good jacket. And if you can pick them up cheap they're a bargain.

Some people say the originals didn't have grey alpaca, but I swear I've seen them.

Anyway nice jacket good fit.

I thought about niki waxing mine to make it shower proof.

mindful

PENSACOLA said:
@mindful:

Looks real nice!

Even better in-person--BR N-1...

I see em` all the time living here in Tokyo.

I've heard there very popular in japan,not so much in the uk thank god they are really nice jackets and compared to an original BR do a good job

mindful

PLATON said:

What are the differences?

The difference I've seen is color of the khaki is darker on the real mccoys and has almost a slight sheen on the jungle cloth the alpaca is thicker and softer and the color of the fur is brown and felt heavier in weight, I also found the BR version has a more slender fit and fur is not as thick.

mindful

PENSACOLA said:
@mindful:

Looks real nice!

Even better in-person--BR N-1...

I see em` all the time living here in Tokyo.
Your so right they look much nicer in person

Peter Graham

Supernice jacket. The fit and cut are great. On my monitor it looks khaki. Is that the correct colour ? Originals were olive green.

@mindful:

yes, the N-1`s are worn around Tokyo, mostly around Shibuya and Ueno...

Have you seen the green ones--real nice as well...

There`s several shops in Tokyo that sell the real deal N-1`s--dead stock, etc., along with Calgeco G-1`s...no one ever buys them...they line the racks--vintage stores hidden in Shibuya alleyways.

mindful

PENSACOLA said:
@mindful:

yes, the N-1`s are worn around Tokyo, mostly around Shibuya and Ueno...

Have you seen the green ones--real nice as well...

There`s several shops in Tokyo that sell the real deal N-1`s--dead stock, etc., along with Calgeco G-1`s...no one ever buys them...they line the racks--vintage stores hidden in Shibuya alleyways.[/quote

Wow they would sell in London like hot cakes they must be expensive I wonder if that old alpaca in the vintage model attract moths

mindful

Peter Graham said:
Supernice jacket. The fit and cut are great. On my monitor it looks khaki. Is that the correct colour ? Originals were olive green.

Yes I know the originals are olive green like the real mccoys version the khaki color was a darker olive,the color on the knits are a dark olive green and the buttons and the thread also ,it's almost like a olive green but when you take a picture the material looks more beige

mindful

Dr H said:
This is a studio image of the BR sea water wash version:

http://www.mil-mil.net/docs/buzz/jacket ... 549-f2.jpg

I'm looking at my original N-1 (real sea water wash) and it's very close indeed in colour/fading.

i noticed on the sea wash version they look more faded like a faded original thats one thing i i liked about the sea wash N1 compared to the real mccoys one,here is a picture of a dead stock original sold in japan, looks a lot like the one i brought and the fur looks the same color to i think BR do make a really good repro.

mindful

mindful said:
Dr H said:
This is a studio image of the BR sea water wash version:

http://www.mil-mil.net/docs/buzz/jacket ... 549-f2.jpg

I'm looking at my original N-1 (real sea water wash) and it's very close indeed in colour/fading.

i noticed on the sea wash version they look more faded like a faded original thats one thing i i liked about the sea wash N1 compared to the real mccoys one,here is a picture of a dead stock original sold in japan, looks a lot like the one i brought and the fur looks the same color to i think BR do make a really good repro.
http://www.foremost.jp/items/jacket/military-japan/K_23_40'sN-1_40.html

Marv

I have the Pike Brothers N1 deck jacket and whilst it an excellent quality jacket, it's the wool lining is very thick making it quite heavy.

I do know after speaking with Pike Brothers that their new version of the N1 is not as thick and probably more in keeping with originals but having said that, I wore mine last winter and it was toastie to say the least.

Dr H

My original N-1 (size 46) has a fairly thick alpaca lining and weighs over 2 kg.
It is a solid and heavy jacket.

asiamiles

Real McCoy's have made numerous different N-1's over the years with different colour linings and collars and labels, so I don't think you can say they are more accurate than Buzz. I'm guessing original N-1's were made by a variety of contractors and so, like flight jackets, there would surely be some variation among them...perhaps it's something not really recognized because the N-1 doesn't have a maker's name on the label. The majority of originals I've seen seem closest to the regular Buzz N-1, but when they date from, I really don't know...one would imagine post-WWII ones outnumber wartime one by a massive amount.

Wow they would sell in London like hot cakes they must be expensive I wonder if that old alpaca in the vintage model attract moths[/quote]

@mindful:

yes, way too expensive, but in very nice condition as most used items and repros in Japan are...