• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new 16th bombardment patch

CBI

this gets into the oft forum'd "should one/patch paint a jacket?"

BTW - I never mentioned that the patch in the header looks nice!

zoomer

Another idea for the magnetic sheeting...cover the non-magnet side with liner fabric to make it less obvious when the jacket is open or off.

I really want to try this stuff. I'm thinking that if it sticks to a moving car, it ought to be plenty sticky for holding a patch on.

a2jacketpatches

Just to touch base on the magnetic sheeting a bit, great idea. I thought to use it as a masking material at one point, a mask I could use several times without adhesive. It will stick to a car good enough as long as there is nothing in between but even just a little dirt underneath will make it move and need buffing after a while. I put a very thin piece of leather in between sheet steel and the magnetic sheet, and it lost the magnetic qualities, hardly enough to hold it in place. Spent a few bucks to find this out as I was sure it would work, but no dice. I see even less satisfactory results happening on a flexible garment.