• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My find of the year! Original Reed Products B-9 Parka.

Goinghome82

I've been on the lookout for an original B-9 or B-11 parka in a larger size (and within my budget) for a while. B-11s are fairly common even in larger sizes and B-9s when you do find them are generally smaller sizes, cuffs holey and torn, mouton stiff or needs replacing, and the quilted lining in poor shape. Well when I came across this gem on Etsy of all places, I immediately snagged it up and called it my Christmas present to myself. It was made by Reed Products and is just in great condition and to top it off its a generous size 46! I'm usually a 46 or 48 chest and I have room for an A-2 or B-10 underneath this. Not a hole one in the cuffs, excellent smooth Talon zip, the lining is immaculate and the mouton feels like it was tanned yesterday. The only thing wrong is some slight surface stains which I'm sure would come out. I'm contemplating getting a down wash kit and trying but at the same time I'm hesitant to do so. Anyway here is my find of the year!

Also thanks to B-Man2 for your How to on attaching pics. Worked like a charm! I'm a long-time lurker on the forum but seldom post.
20231216_165747.jpg
20231216_165948.jpg
20231216_165811.jpg
20231216_165819.jpg
20231216_165802.jpg
20231216_165826.jpg
20231216_165837.jpg
20231216_165909.jpg
20231216_170033.jpg
20231216_165845.jpg

OperationCoffee

I've been on the lookout for an original B-9 or B-11 parka in a larger size (and within my budget) for a while. B-11s are fairly common even in larger sizes and B-9s when you do find them are generally smaller sizes, cuffs holey and torn, mouton stiff or needs replacing, and the quilted lining in poor shape. Well when I came across this gem on Etsy of all places, I immediately snagged it up and called it my Christmas present to myself. It was made by Reed Products and is just in great condition and to top it off its a generous size 46! I'm usually a 46 or 48 chest and I have room for an A-2 or B-10 underneath this. Not a hole one in the cuffs, excellent smooth Talon zip, the lining is immaculate and the mouton feels like it was tanned yesterday. The only thing wrong is some slight surface stains which I'm sure would come out. I'm contemplating getting a down wash kit and trying but at the same time I'm hesitant to do so. Anyway here is my find of the year!

Also thanks to B-Man2 for your How to on attaching pics. Worked like a charm! I'm a long-time lurker on the forum but seldom post.
View attachment 131603View attachment 131605View attachment 131607View attachment 131609View attachment 131611View attachment 131613View attachment 131615View attachment 131617View attachment 131621View attachment 131619
I once flew to Scotland for the new year party ( hogamany ? I forget the name they call it ) and this coat was what I brought . Edinburgh was completely snowed in and it was the coldest new year on record. This coat kept me toasty with just a t shirt . Possibly my favorite cold weather go to.

OperationCoffee

View attachment 131603View attachment 131605View attachment 131607View attachment 131609View attachment 131611View attachment 131613View attachment 131615View attachment 131617View attachment 131621View attachment 131619
If you really want to make it bombproof spray it down with some scotch guard. It will darken just a little initially but in time go back to normal

ZuZu

I wouldn't mess with the stains. You might end up in a Cat in the Hat situation. A can of worms. You might regret later. This is one of my background grail jackets. I'm jealous! Congrats!

Spitfireace

I have so many intermediate jackets and coats though. I do have my Irvin for extremer cold, although it does not protect the lower regions. An M-65 with liner and sweater as well is pretty good.

MikeyB-17

Blimey, that’s a find and a half. I love my Bronson B-9, it’s probably my nicest jacket for the initial ‘put on’. Incredible nick too. Where’s it been all this time?