• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my ANJ-3 - restoration is started

dujardin

helloooo

some month ago, i bought a nice ANJ-3 (private purchase - civilian made by Ross Bros)
all knitting need to be replaced

this w-e, my little ant start her job

some photos

but... but ... i don't know who, nor when ... but someone place a kind of ''épaulettes''

you see what i meannnn, just as if this jacket was made for a lady

sooo, those were the old waist and knits

it was a real need to change it

and nowwww, the long and fastidious labour

and here a new one , nice .... not really ..... i don't know how to explain correctly but the knitting is not stopped...so, difficult to handle

other photos will follow

see youuuuuuuuuuuu

oh yes, i forget to mention
my wife execute all the work without sewing machine; this to avoid damage to the leather.
she use all already existing hole, one by one.
sometimes, i heard a ''ouch'' ... i think it's the needle in her finger :lol:

oose

Good luck Marcel,
I'm sure it will be worth all the hard work! What are you doing for her in return! when ever I get my other half to do something for me she comes back to me with a longer list!! :D

All he best
Stu

dujardin

Stu, really sorry but i can't tell you :lol:

i think i will buy her some ''mon chéri'' (by Ferrerro)
it's expensive for juste some chocolates but less than a pair of shoes of something like that .....

i'm odious .... i know :lol:

dujardin

ohhhhh okay for me; not a problem.... only my wife is tailoring

no no noooooo
surely not me

but... will pass the word to my wife

holalaaaaaaaaaaa, she don't say NO

There is a group of guys at this site that need to start the Vintage Leather Jackets CO. and produce jackets and caps, just saying :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

dujardin

kitty... kitty ... kittyyyyyyyyyyy

cuffs are completed

back on work

the waist knit is back in place; tomorrow ... end of the restoration, lining will be back in place

she will be a nice jacket

see you tomorrow

m

Skip

Wow so quick, I'm sure if I was to start it would take months. You will have yourself a jacket lovingly restored. Will there be some wearing pics once completed?

bazelot

Great job Marcel, I can't believe you got your wife to do this for you. I can't even get mine to cook........

dujardin

work is completed

lining is back in place

final results..... tataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thanks to my wife

by info, she start on saturday morning and have just finish today at 13h00
hopelessly, i don't have to pay her hours of patient and meticulous work

byebyeeeeeee
m

MikeyB-17

Stone me, what a job! Wish I could hand sew that neatly-I'm half-tempted to attempt this on my latest G-1, but I don't want to make a pig's ear of it as I really like the jacket.