• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minor side effect (literally) of a massive wearing!

wop54

No big deal. I'll get it repaired after the wearing season ends. I love the way the jacket
is aging....
bc4e8543.jpg

dujardin

a bit of a needle and thread and a bit of hand sewing, and it will be fixed.

looks well worn ;)

Hamsterbear

I wish 1/2 my knits were only worn that much!

Just sew (close up) the hole before it unravels more.....

Good for another 100,000 miles!

Kennyz

Carlo,

The patina on the leather looks great, and I really like the color! What jacket is that?

Thank you.

Ken

wop54

Kennyz said:
Carlo,

The patina on the leather looks great, and I really like the color! What jacket is that?

Thank you.

Ken
Ken, it's a Goodwear RW 1401-p in russet HH (Japanese batch), bought in 2009 and worn ever since ;)

Thanks! :D

fl1946

My ELC 1401 suffered same breakdown. Thank God my wife knew how to darn. We found the yarn at local WalMart. Both sleeves repaired. Just to be safe I ordered set of cuffs and waistband from Gary in the event of a "massive failure." Good luck!

wop54

Wrong colour of the thread, awful but strong sewing (done by myself, waiting for a proper professional repair). I don't have any idea if it could be a "wartime amateur sewing" but, frankly, I love it that way! :)
6147fc4d.jpg

ButteMT61

a2jacketpatches said:
I think a guy would have pulled out his sewing kit and repaired the same way you did.

x2.
I've seen some of my son's WWII stuff with field repairs, and this one is probably better than most.