• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mahurin

fraazierjo

I just tried to post a couple of pics of WWII ace Walker Mahurin, who died yesterday = one of the greats! Unfortunately, Photobucket seems to have changed its format and I can't figure out how to upload the pictures. Maybe one of you can supply one as a tribute?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
fraazierjo said:
Unfortunately, Photobucket seems to have changed its format and I can't figure out how to upload the pictures.

It's in the same place ... just sign in, and it will appear.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
aamahurin.jpg

dujardin

wowwwwwww a great pilot is gone.

R.I.P and take a good rest in the sky

from the link Andrew gave, this little extract
------
Bud Mahurin was the first American pilot to become a double ace in the European Theater and the only ace to shoot down enemy planes in both the European & Pacific Theaters and the Korean War. During World War II he was credited with 20.75 aerial victories, making him the sixth-highest American P-47 ace. He was credited with shooting down 3.5 MiG-15s in Korea, giving him a total of 24.25 aircraft destroyed in aerial combat.
------

byeeeeeeeeeeee
marcel