• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-422A Gordon & Ferguson (original)

ludospeed

This summer, I had time on my hands + a PC with internet access, which was the winning combo for getting a new jacket, even though I had absolutely no plans to do so.
Strangely enough, I've never really been interested in Navy jackets. I already have enough temptations with USAAF/RAF/Luft stuff...

I came across a few photos of G1 (the person responsible will recognize himself) that caught my eye. I started asking around, reading the excellent post about USN jackets, and it all happened very quickly (I feel like I'm at the psychologist's... :rolleyes:).

I decided I needed a G1...
... then I realized that an original Vietnam War G1 was pretty affordable, so I might as well go for an original.
... then I said to myself that if I only had one G1, why not look for an old Korean War model.
... then I received a PM saying "hey look at this M-422a" (the person in charge will recognize himself again ;)).
And here I am with an original Gordon & Ferguson M-422A ! And I regret nothing !

It's the only original WW2 jacket I own (except for a 30's-40's cyclist jacket) and I have to say it's gorgeous, it almost looks like a GW (kidding) ;). It's always fun to imagine what condition this jacket was used in during the war.
The goat leather is superb, very supple and it feels very solid. The knits need some care, but for the moment I don't plan to replace them. Overall, the jacket is in very good condition.

It's a size 42. The jacket is surprisingly long, which seems to be a feature of the M-422a compared to the G-1. Moreover, "Gordon & Ferguson" is known for making long jackets. At first I was a bit confused by this (I'm used to cyclist jackets), but I've got used to it and it seems to match the vintage fit. What do you think ?

To sum up, it was a bit of a hasty purchase, but I'm very happy with it.
I'd like to thank Silver Surfer for his kindness, it was a real pleasure doing business with him.

I'll take photos of the details in daylight as soon as I have time.
In the meantime, here are some fitpics :

View attachment 121053

View attachment 121055
A real M-422A for a real Man. :)

Kermit3D

As promised, here are a few photos of the jacket details :

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

A few photos of the jacket in direct sunlight. The shades of brown are superb, looking like walnut wood :

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

Pilot