• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-422A Ed Church

bazelot

I just got this Ed Church M-422A refitted with cuffs. The job was done at a local shop a block away from my place and I am amazed at the results. She barely missed any stitch holes. The jacket now looks fantastic and is a great wearer. It is all original except for the cuffs which are fantastic reproductions. Waistband is original and mint. Zipper is flawless. The best part is that it is a size 38 and finally fits me perfectly. It is really hard to get a M-422A that fits well due to the extreme length of most of them. Basically i am keeping this one :)

dujardin

splendid

make this one your daily jacket ;)

where did you found the cuffs reproduction ? have they also the waist in repro ???
have you a shop ? a link ?

thanks in advance

Silver Surfer

good work. it just so hard to find a tailor that "gets it". most of the time, they just dont understand the importance of following the original stitch line, hole for hole. not to mention aligning zippers properly. this isnt rocket science exactly, it just requires experience, and patience. manoman, if there were a tailor that specialized in leather jac restoration work, they would have work 24-7. not only from a-2 collectors, but civy jac, motorcycle jac, etal collectors as well.

Peter Graham

Tom, that is one of the nicest Navy jackets I've ever seen and it's my size too ;) . The repair work is first class. Wear it in good health.

bazelot

Thanks guys. The aging of the leather is just perfect. The jacket is far from flawless but that makes it a really good wearer.

Stony

Nice jacket and nice job by the lady.

I love the patina and the leather on the M-422A models is so soft compared to later models.

I'm looking for a nice M-422A wearer myself, and since I've dropped about 20 lbs. recently, I'll have to resize myself.