• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lowballer retort..

ausreenactor

Gents..

After a killer week at work I had the pleasure of volunteering for a 24 hour Duty Officer gig. No hassles there, but given I had just duked it out
with my 2IC over the fraudulent applications of my peers for the Military Instructor bonus, while my application is still sitting on a desk unsigned. (Two months after the DEFPAC website states applications should be completed NLT 10 Apr 2010 for payment NLT 30 Jun 2010).

I had to volunteer as a member of the wrong rank was assigned to the duty. I figured Senior Captain or Major..nope CPL inserted as SGT.

Had a young Probationary driver go DUI, admin trail sorted. Then Senior CAPT from BDE HQ did the same thing. But he got drunk and was going to create a self made vacancy in the orbat. Padre, Duty Field Officer, Tissues. At least the new soldier showed a level of maturity and was composed and remorseful. Plenty of ammo to get the young digger a lighter kick in bum.

THEN my relief CAPT ended up being an Officer Cadet. Directed Friday afternoon to volunteer. Pay roup F&*K all, and can only tell a Recruit what to do?? So perfectly primed for the following:

Q: "give u 250 for it. 375 is a bit much imho no disrespect intended just making an offer"

A: "I thought about giving it away? But when they retail for $455 I decided not too. No disrespect intended but you are what is affectionately known as a lowballer. I take it that the 12 positive feedbacks over the last 6 years are evidence of a thrifty buying regimen. While I am keen to maximise the final price I usually reduce the price after two or three listings. Thanks for your time."

If I had the offer choice up I would have merely declined. But took a look at the guys feedack and had to let loose..
Too harsh?? Too late..

Couchy