• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lousy Germany post office service (DHL)

Rutger

Addressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified
2013-01-09, 10:36:00

What's the problem if the addressee requests own pick-up and has been notified that the item is available for pick-up, and the item has been cleared by customs? Is there proof that the addressee has requested this?
Looks to me that the item is waiting to be picked up rather than going to be delivered, so the addressee would have no reason to complain unless he's not the one who requested "own pick-up".

I suppose you got a DHL shipping number from the shipment as well. Have you been able to contact them? They should be able to tell you the exact location, and the reasoning behind the current status. If that location is within a reasonable distance from where the addressee lives, he should pick it up himself (maybe he wasn't home when the first delivery was made?).

I've had like a 100 shipments from the US (all USPS) and whenever I wasn't home when offered I got a notification that I can pick it up two days later at a nearby post office.

Rutger

tcwu said:
that's my mistake did not state clear the buyer actually got his jacket on 15th!
I only said he left the feedback for me.. :oops:

the other buyer from Germany try to take advantage of this and filed claims against me!

Ah right, I got your point. Quite unGermanlike, wonder why they won't update correctly.

Steve H

USPS does the same- got some stuff from the US a while back and the tracking still says "pending delivery". Lucky I'm honest!