• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to hire a artist for project

TankBuster

Hey all....I know we have some talented guys on the forum, so I thought I would start by asking here.

I've got a WW2 aviation theme wet bar in my basement, and I am looking to have a sign painted just like what is shown below. The only slight different is instead of the swastika for Aerial Victories, I would like the black cross as was also done in WW2. The size I am looking at is roughly 20" tall by 25" wide.
I would like to have the light aging done like shown on this one as well.

If any of you are interested in taking something like this on, please send me a PM along with a estimated price to do it.

Thanks, Jeff

487thsign_zpsf377d831.jpg

TankBuster

Forgot to mention, may be obvious, but I would like it done on wood like the one I showed to give it that made from scrap WW2 look.

Thanks again!

a2jacketpatches

I'm a little busy at the moment finishing up some back orders so I'll have to pass, but thought to show you this. I've got one available at about 80% done if interested. One of the more complicated patches I have selling regularly on Ebay for 135-

110- for a VLJ member.

TankBuster

Thanks for the offer, but I'm just looking for the sign for my bar. I own 2 separate groupings from pilots of the 487th, so I thought it would be a cool way to pay homage. I have a couple options, but would rather give a guy here a chance at the business before moving on.

Jeff

TankBuster

I am friends with 2 aviation artists. Both told me they could do it as a favor. Prices were not bad, but the wait time would be fairly long. I'm waiting to see if Johnny or one of the other guys here are up for it! ;)

TankBuster

Hey Johnny,

Will do! Hoping to get it in its place this weekend. Turned out great for anyone interested. Johnny did a super job.

EMBLEMHUNTER

O.K. Jeff, cool and thanks for the reply, looking forward to seeing how it looks on the bar , all the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

EMBLEMHUNTER

Thanks for posting it , looks great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoyed very much making this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks A2 for the compliment also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

TankBuster

dmar836 said:
Nice! Adds a great touch. When are we all coming over?
Dave

Anyone is welcome any time!! ;)

Thanks, I am happy with the overall outcome. I have a original WW2 era B-25 prop in one corner, and another nose art panel in the other corner. I have a couple last finishing touches I will be making related to the bar stools, and then I'm finished.

Thanks again Johnny!

dmar836

We can all bring Zippos to help you finish the ceiling!
Believe it or not I actually want to do that in my room.
Dave