• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for (Repro) RAF MKII Flying Goggles

flyboy

I really would like to get my hands on a pair of the so called MKII Flying Goggles. I know they are as rare as hens teeth, so a well made pair of repros might do. But where do I find them.
Have been thinking of getting in contact with some film prop companies as well - after re-watching the TV series Piece of Cake, where they seemed to have scores of them...
Any help and links would be highly appreciated!!!
:)

Andrew

Lebensgefar is probably your man Soren, or the RAF forum. I had a pair of the ones with the leather and spring straps a few years ago but sold them. I still have some RAAF ones in original wrappers but they are just elastic and stocking material. You could also go the motor transport type route as there are probably still plenty of them around.

No idea as far as repros are concerned.

flyboy

I've got a pair of the Motor Transport types - pale gray stocking material with elastic.

But it's the ones with leather and spring straps I am after, since I believe they are the true "MKII" RAF goggles.

Lebensgefahr

Hello Soren

As you requested I have reposted the pictures from the other thread here.
If they don`t look exactly like this or the same with aluminium coloured frames they are not genuine MKII`s.

LG :D

flyboy

I contacted Sefton Clothing Co and it was just my luck, that Stephen just got a pair back, he had made for some TV/Movie work.
They are 85% original. The strap, the frames, the lenses were all original only the "knitting" is new.
And he even offered to change the lenses from the light orange "army" to clear RAF.
I knew of the quality of his work from back when I bought my flying helmet and MKIII goggles, so I jumped to it straight away.