• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For A Jacket To Wear In My Roadster

Marrk

I'm just beginning to think about what leather jacket to get to wear when I'm driving top down in my car. The leather has to be light enough to be comfortable for driving and for SoCal weather, but durable enough to stand up to constant exposure to sun, wind, not really rain, etc.

The lightest current motorcycle jackets are too thick and usually padded or armored. Department store fashion jackets -- what I'm using now -- are swell, but they really take a beating in the sun. And the nice ones are too expensive.

Anyone have any thoughts? Say, for less than $500 USD?

Thanks.

P.S. I like a collar, but will consider collar-less (like a barber collar). And I love slash front pockets for my hands.

Jaguar46

Marrk said:
I'm just beginning to think about what leather jacket to get to wear when I'm driving top down in my car. The leather has to be light enough to be comfortable for driving and for SoCal weather, but durable enough to stand up to constant exposure to sun, wind, not really rain, etc.

The lightest current motorcycle jackets are too thick and usually padded or armored. Department store fashion jackets -- what I'm using now -- are swell, but they really take a beating in the sun. And the nice ones are too expensive.

Anyone have any thoughts? Say, for less than $500 USD?

Thanks.

P.S. I like a collar, but will consider collar-less (like a barber collar). And I love slash front pockets for my hands.

I am considering a Gibson/Barnes Civilian Goatskin for driving in my roadster.

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/Leather+Ja ... cat_id/18/

Clark J

SoCal weather....you need a jacket in SoCal???REALLY!!That's funny.We're going below zero here tonite!!!Sweater weather!!

Marrk

Clark J said:
SoCal weather....you need a jacket in SoCal???REALLY!!That's funny.We're going below zero here tonite!!!Sweater weather!!

You're a bitter man, Clarky. Let's not forget that I begged you to move to California. I told you that you could live in a room over my garage, and that I would introduce you to young Hollywood starlets and rich Silicon Valley moguls. But you demurred. You said that you couldn't give up a life of ice fishing (they pee in the hole, I understand) and fondue parties.

Andrew

For me it's a choice of three. A Goodwear A-2 does me top down here in a very similar Climate most days in Winter. For a change I go for my ELC Hartmann. After hours I occasionally drag out my lighter pre-war Irvin just because I love it.

Clark J

Marrk said:
Clark J said:

You're a bitter man, Clarky. Let's not forget that I begged you to move to California. I told you that you could live in a room over my garage, and that I would introduce you to young Hollywood starlets and rich Silicon Valley moguls. But you demurred. You said that you couldn't give up a life of ice fishing (they pee in the hole, I understand) and fondue parties.

I'm not bitter....I'm freekin frozen!!!
As for Calli I tried they wouldn't let me in.Starlets,,been there done LOTS of that!!!And as for wizzin in the ice fishing hole,,1-the hole is to small,2-the water is to cold!!!