• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For 8 Ball Bomb USAAF Artwork

Cobblers161

Hi Folks,

I am trying to track down some USAAF Artwork which may have been a Sqdn Patch although it may just have been a generic design for the 8th Air Force. I'm very sketchy on this as it was many moons ago that I spotted it and now when I need it I can't flippin' well find it.

It is a falling bomb incorporating an 8 Ball on the nose. The bomb is falling (Imagine a compass now) with the nose at SW and tail at NE. I've done a fair amount of searching and have drawn up zilch and wondered if any of you knowledgeable types might know what hell I'm on about.

It isn't the 44th Bomb Gp patch by the way!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best,
Steve

Dr H

This one Steve (on a nice Perry 16175-P)?

http://historypreservation.com/hpassociates/vintage.php

An original Perry Sportswear A-2 Jacket from a 1942 Army Air Corps contract.
This example is finished in a spray dye of the typical russet brown color.
Note the leather name strip and English-made insignia of the 44th Bombardment Group
"Flying Eight Balls" embroidered on wool felt.
(Charles E. DiSipio - History Preservation Associates)

unclegrumpy

Not it, but at least here are some pictures to look at.....

image_preview

Nite.jpg

JesseO39.jpg

na-8ball.jpg

fingelly-8ball.jpg

8-Ball_ZootSuit2-custom.jpg

the-8-ball-nose.jpg

1011697_485115238230564_189382936_n.jpg

patch_vmf123.gif

VMF 123 (USMC)

coanda

Hi Steve
Here are some pictures that I made the criminal error of selling about 5 years ago!
For interest the size was about 48"
Hope they are of interest?
Cheers
Rick
CIMG5657.jpg

CIMG5654.jpg

CIMG5632.jpg

Cobblers161

Fella's, I just wanted to say thank you for your input, some fantastic artwork!!

Rick, that was corker of a jacket! I'm gradually coming to the conclusion that it's best not to let anything go….ever!