• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Langlitz find at Goodwill

I found this at Goodwill today. It's kind of a Fonzie Style lookalike. In almost new condition. Heavy duty Talon zip. Knits and leather are flawless. 2 inside pockets, one with a zip. Pretty sure it's goat. It has some padding under the lining so I'm assuming it was made with motorcycle riding in mind. Made in 2000. It fits great, a nice jacket for winter.
It's not a jacket I would probably buy new, but for the price and the quality and the fact it fit, I had to buy it.

DSCN0644.jpg

RSCN0646.jpg

Here's an indoor shot that shows the color better, the other one looks a bit washed out because of the sun.
DSCN0647.jpg

fedoralover

Stony

See, I'm not the only one who's found something at the goodwill. Nice score!

I've looked at hundreds of leather jackets in goodwill over the years and 99.9% of them are made in Pakistan,China,India or Korea and a few other assorted places. This is the first high end jacket I've found. For being over 11 years old it's in almost new condition. Langlitz's website is down for a makeover at the present time, so I can't check on how much these cost, but I've heard they start at $850 and go up. However that was some time ago so I'm not sure what they cost now. Does anyone know??

fedoralover

bretron

Piss jealous. Not a green tag padded Cascade, but WAY better than I've ever done- good lookin! Being from PDX originally I have a very special place in my heart for Mr Ross Langlitz (wearing a beatip old tee from them right now actually :lol: )

This is from their civilian line, not for motorcycling. I have the catalog- its called the "flight jacket" and comes in standard dress collar (as this) or mutton (eg a g1). Costs $850 new. Steerhide, right? Doesn't look goat, and they generally only sell HH to the JP market.

Thanks for the input bretron. I'm pretty sure deeb is right about it being goat. It doesn't look like it was worn much at all, only one scratch on the leather about 1/2 inch long. Super warm to wear. It was 30 degree's here this morning and I wore a light shirt under it and never felt a chill.

fedoralover

jack aranda

Goodwill in SF is constantly shifting the 'source' for the good leather jackets that come in. It's like chasing Brigadoon. For awhile, a store on the west side will be a gold mine; then, poof! nothing but Wilson's, and the good stuff is showing up in a Goodwill buried so deep in the Mission you need a passport to get to it. Very hit or miss. In fairness, SF is filled with second-handers, so you've got to be consistent, persistent, and early. I'm just a duffer, out for a week-end stroll hoping, like a high school kid, to get lucky. Good hunting, lads!

tcwu said:
they stamp owner's name and manufacture date inside the pocket...
e-mail Langlitz they will tell what leather!
That's a good find!
That Goodwill probably closed to a rich/nice neighborhood area! :lol:

Great idea, I will do that Monday. You are right, this Goodwill is in an exclusive area. I check it often, but this is the best pick I've found there.

fedoralover

bretron

fedoralover said:
Thanks for the input bretron. I'm pretty sure deeb is right about it being goat. It doesn't look like it was worn much at all, only one scratch on the leather about 1/2 inch long. Super warm to wear. It was 30 degree's here this morning and I wore a light shirt under it and never felt a chill.

fedoralover

With the $50 up charge for goat you got yourself a $900 jacket there, my good man. And that's without the 9mo wait!!! Like I said, I'm piss jealous :) (tho happy to hear of fellow jacket hounds' successful picks)

Wow! That does make it a jackpot of a pick. Thanks for all the info. I e-mailed Langlitz and sent them a pic, so it will be interesting to see if they will give me any info on it.

fedoralover

Called Langlitz today and talked to a very friendly staff member. He confirmed it was goat and that with all the upgrades on this jacket it would cost $985 to buy today. Very pleased to say the least.

fedoralover