• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Knowledge sought on A2 offered on ebay.de

Tim P

The leather comes up slightly matte but not terribly so. It is not squeaky...the fit is consistent with Eastmans claims of it having a snappier appearence than some other A2's. I was a big fan of their Stars for a long time. I have one now, 'time worn' courtesy of cliff :D and am happy with it. As darker A2's go you will find it very wearable in terms of comfort and looks. they do develop character although if your preference is for grainy from the offset, this may not be a good choice. The one in the auction looks to have some character.

Silver Surfer

this is one of elcs earlier stars. the color is a little darker then in the pix on ebay. they were a little quirky, in that tey were cut a bit full [originals were trimer], and they had reddish brown stitching. the basic idea of a star is there, but it is not "accurate" [but then again, a repo is a repo, is a repo]. the hides were mostly smooth, so much so, that some claimed that they were not hh. i believe they were indeed hh, just soft and smooth. all in all, a very comfy jac, well made, and not bad looking. the jac that you are looking at is tagged size 42, and it will fit a size 42, perhaps a size 42+. the condition looks real clean, so i would venture that at anything around $600 or less is a good deal.