• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kellers killer 557th Bomb Squadron 3 hour job

A

Anonymous

DSCN5267_zps1a3e29a8.jpg
one of my cheapest, but favorite jackets was doing nothing so I decided to try a free hand paint job. Josh did something similar, and I have seen this on the back of a B-3 minus the bombs, and 557. Took three hours and was not intended to be perfect, left the letters a little transparent in places. The big plus to painting free hand, is the time saved not applying a template to the back and tracing out the design. Good enough to satisfy me for what it is, a simple design. I will ad a name tag, squadron patch, and shoulder patch later.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Not all jacket art done in WW2 was "museum" quality , it lends to a more "real" piece of art I think , I've seen plenty of "rough" and amaturist art on jackets from this time period, and it's good to see someone doing it and not striving for a "Museum piece" you'd be too afraid to wear ! Too many jacket artist are going for art that should be in a frame on a wall in a museum not on a jacket back ........
Great job !
Johnny