• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought the flight stuff of a black cat pilot

bazelot

The guy was at the battle of Midway and was in the group of PBYs that spotted the Japanese Navy. I have his complete leather flight helmet and his MkII goggles. His son will also get me pictures and I may be able to get his log book. His son already sent me an interview of his dad conducted in 1945.

dujardin

splendid Baz',

great to have such (id'd) piece of history.
did you found it on the bay???
impatient to see photosssssssss

byeeeeeee marcel

bazelot

Here is the interview:
JamesLSmith.jpg

JamesLSmith2.jpg

JamesLSmith3.jpg

TankBuster

Pretty neat to have the stories behind the guy. Don't forget to post pics of the goodies when they get to you.

bazelot

Here are the pics of the helmet with the original TH-37 receivers. THe goggles came with no lenses so I added the green tinted ones.

Elizabeth833.jpg

Elizabeth831.jpg

Elizabeth830.jpg

Peter Graham

Great score Tom. The helmet looks to be in fantastic condition and the paperwork makes it all the more fascinating. Well done !

dujardin

Peter Graham said:
Great score Tom. The helmet looks to be in fantastic condition and the paperwork makes it all the more fascinating. Well done !

agree 100% with Peter.
congrats, really nice one

byeeeeeeeee marcel