• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Johnny Signor and a veteran .... Frank Hurlbut of the 82fg

dujardin

hellloooo

often i'm exchanging mail with Jhonny Signor concerning patch identification, aso....

on his photobucket account i discover a photo of 2 guys, i was wondering which one he was. regarding the t-shirt; i had a good idea.
i wrote him back to ask who was the vet.

veteran is Frank Hurlbut of the 82FG - 96FS

and this is the patch of the 96th

little from the mail i receive from Johnny

''he helped me confirm that their Squadron emblems were used during WW2''

dujardin

Re: Johnny Signor and a veteran .... Frank Hurlbut of the 82

and also this era photo

he is second from left

EMBLEMHUNTER

Yeah , that's me , Frank is signing a photo of himself for me at a Aces gathering a few years ago , He had an A-2 that had an original 96th Fighter squadron patch on it and he confirmed my thoughts that their emblems were used during WW2 even though the "Official" approval for the Squadrons emblems weren't until post war .

I had a guy try to tell me that they were not used during WW2 and I knew better and Frank's patch on his jacket and some other info he told me about the other Squadron's confirmed this for me .

By the way , Much thanks to all the veterans that served and are serving this veterans day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

TankBuster

Nice! I've always been a fan of the 82nd Fighter Group.

There are plenty of wartime photos of pilots wearing the 96th FS patch on their A-2 jackets in the 82nd FG history book as well as all the other squadrons insignia being worn.

Nice work on the 96th patch by the way.