• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket sizing

Sideslip

I’m back to my noob questions. I’ve seen (online) a size 42 7823D. Chest dimensions are reading 22.5 and I am a 42/43 chest. All other dimensions work for me. Usually, I am reading that jackets are fitting a size down rather than up. Trying to figure out if this would fit.

I know this may be a how long is a piece of string due to the jacket variances, but thought I would ask…

JonnyCrow

I’m back to my noob questions. I’ve seen (online) a size 42 7823D. Chest dimensions are reading 22.5 and I am a 42/43 chest. All other dimensions work for me. Usually, I am reading that jackets are fitting a size down rather than up. Trying to figure out if this would fit.

I know this may be a how long is a piece of string due to the jacket variances, but thought I would ask…
I find that weird to, older jackets seem to be reverse, I have two early BR and they fit me a size up from marked size, eg 38=40, 40=42, yet my original Aero being a size 42 fit me good and I take a 40

ZuZu

Normal people usually don't measure the chest with the leather completely flat- so usually eBay measurements are too small in chest. Size 43 is 21.5 + 2"= 23.5 for an ideal measurement. In my experience "D"s are true so in real life this jacket is probably 23" at size 42. So you're probably OK. Confused much?

JonnyCrow

Normal people usually don't measure the chest with the leather completely flat- so usually eBay measurements are too small in chest. Size 43 is 21.5 + 2"= 23.5 for an ideal measurement. In my experience "D"s are true so in real life this jacket is probably 23" at size 42. So you're probably OK. Confused much?
Jeff, all the jackets I sell here in Spain I get asked for measurements armpit to armpit

JonnyCrow

Yes- the pit to pit measurement is the main one. I'm saying most normal people don't lay the jacket flat and pull it taught for an actual measurement- so the fold gets excluded. This knocks off about 1/2" to 1".
Exactly! You have to lay it flat